Saturday, April 5, 2008

A new week

Some people really need to get a backbone and grow up, either that or stop whining on a public message board. It's amazing how you can make a comment and it gets totally blown all out of proportion, upside down and inside out to say the totally opposite thing of what you said. And then you are expected to sit with your face glued to that board all day and wait for replies to what you said so you can reply back. Sheesh, get a life! I posted on that 123 board back in November that I was going to quit smoking, 3 people replied good luck, you can do it, etc. Ok fine, I didn't post anymore, no big deal to me, I was taking Chatix anyway and I found things to keep me busy during the day, yes it was a HUGE struggle, YES I still feel the urge to smoke, but I get past it. I have since posted in the past few months good luck and support to others on that board who have posted that they were trying to quit and they didn't make a big deal out of it, but this chicka thinks she needs to make a HUGE deal out of nothing, but then she makes a huge deal out of everything.

DH & I had to go meet a friend this past Thursday so we went browsing in the mall. I walked into this "stuff store" and found the PERFECT Arabesque style hanging lamps for V's house! I fell in love with them and started taking pictures so I could send them to her. Well this guy who worked there came along and wanted to know why I was taking pictures, what for. I tried to explain that it was for a friend's house decoration, to ask her which one she liked, I wasn't going to buy them if she didn't like they. Well are you going to come back here and buy them? he asked. Anyway Velda loved them so sometime this week or next weekend we will have to go back. I did find a pair of purple flip flops in another store that I bought and I HATE shopping for and buying shoes but now when we go back and get the lamps, I might buy a couple more pair in different colors.

Well that hardanger project is ruined. I went back and read that message board again that I joined to help with the project and read that i was supposed to cut closer to the edge than I did, so I re cut carefully, or so I thought. I must have cut 1 too many threads and now the stitching thread has been cut in a couple of places with no way to fix it. I had to put it up. Kind of puts a damper on attempting more hardanger
I stitched more on that August blackwork pattern last night. I am not at all fond of the thread color I used for August, it's way too light and doesn't really show up very nice. Here's a really bad picture of it

Ah well, It's another SAL weekend on NeedleNook anyway so it's time to put August away weather it's done or not. Here's a really bad picture of it
It's the Critters SAL weekend on Needle Nook so I may tie that in with our Extra Special Fob exchange project.
I am not sure yet weather I like the April Stitching challange project on Jaye's Attic or not. I didn't vote for the April pattern. I'll have to wait to see if I have time to stitch it.
I do like the April Coloring Book page from Tranquil stitches and I may try to squeeze that in. I also signed up for the Needleroll Exchange so hopefully I will be able to mail it on May 31.
I do however NEED to get stitching on 2 other special Friendship exchanges. I know what I want to stitch and I have them kitted up, just need to stitch.

Last nights dinner was grilled fish, mushy peas, and colrslaw. We took plain fresh fish, put fresh dill, garlic & butter on, wrapped them in foil and grilled them on the gas grill outside, and they were delicious! I think tonight we're going to have vegetables & fruits again.

LaFemme Nikita starts tonight! Yes, I know it's an OLD programme and it's been over for years but one of the tv stations here is going to start from the first episode tonight. We have seen this show before but we like it and Alias is over.

Well, it's time to do the walk, then the areobic vacuuming & dusing, total bathroom clean. (WHICH ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I CAN DO BETTER NOW THAT I QUIT SMOKING)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

LOL you hit the nail right on the head

....I'm another frustrated poster there....