Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another weekend

Woo hoo, it's Wednesday, the weekend is here. Probably another fun filled exciting weekend like the last few have been, NOT! I know we'll be fighting the horrible, miserable traffic on Thursday headed someplace to shop.
It's 36.6C (97.7F for you Americans) at noon, ick. May 28 can't come soon enough.

It's now day 139 of my monthly cycle, these hot flashes are nuts! But then with my blood pressure being all over the place, I don't' know if they are hot flashes or some sort of side effect of the bp medication not working. Either way, I had my "dil" make me a Dr apt for July.

I got a couple more stitches put in my exchange project. I would really LOVE to know what my stitching block is this time. This is a simple project, it could have been started in finished in 24 hours! But NOOOOOOOO, I've been stitching it for a week now. I still have a needle roll to stitch, my niece's wedding sampler from LAST July & my DD's breast cancer mandala to finish.

I hope DD is having a great time in Florida, I haven't heard from her which can be either good or bad. She said she wanted to to go Miami Ink and have her ankle tattoo touched up, HAHAHA! Sorry but I don't think she has that kind of cash, it's probably expensive to have them touch it. It would be neat to see if they are actually there. I hope my grandson wasn't bored with Disney world and freaked out by the characters like DD & DS were. That was a HUGE disappointment for me. These kids HATED Disney world with a passion, they wanted to leave, they were bored with Epcot, not thrilled with Sea World, but Universal Studios in California when they saw KITT, that was the most awesome thing in the world! These kids were 5 & 8 at the time. Rome Italy was old rocks and nekkid statues, Disney world sucked, Hawaii was un-impressive, Hong Kong was ok but we had to eat at Burger King instead of local authentic food places, Singapore we never left the airport. That was the month long vacation that year, we flew around the world and it was fun and it was CHEAPER than a round trip ticket to the states and back.

Last night we had home made from scratch "macaroni & cheese" and beef kabobs. I had to use some EXPENSIVE velveeta up so mixed up some pasta rounds, added some real cheese and baked that. Sill have some leftovers so that is probably what we will have for supper.
Off to do my pre weekend cleaning.

1 comment:

Meari said...

That's too bad your kids didn't like Disney World. :( I took my niece there when she was 7 and she LOVED it. She'd been fascinated by Mickey Mouse since she was 3 or 4. She loved Epcot, too. I hope your GS enjoys it.