Saturday, April 19, 2008

An idea for floss

I picked up a couple of these items the other day. They look like they were made from floss or thread, braided then wound around. One is the pretty pastel and the other one is very vibrant, bright primary colors. I think you put them on cell phones or those iPod things. I thought they were neat.
floss fobs 2floss fob 2

I've been browsing the Online Needlework show and found a few things I like. Some cute new fobs from Sekas & Co, a couple new charts from Sue Hillis, Oh La La & One More stitch, Summer Biscornu from Barbara Ana. Then I was looking at the newsletter from ABC Stitch Therapy (my LNS) and saw a cute pattern but I didn't save the picture to my wish list and spent almost all day Friday looking for it again. Then the Stitches N Things newsletter came out and there it is, Moose by Moonlight from Glendon Place, I LOVE it.
I got my friend Velda a couple new lamps on Thursday but need to go back today to get her favorite one. The lamps I've been buying her are really neat, they will make a GREAT addition to her Middle East inspired living room. I also saw a purse I kind of like so I might buy that too. I HATE purse shopping so this is a miracle for me.

My poor boy kitty Spot got beat up the other day by one of the stray cats. He is fine but his leg got scratched and bit up so he's been under house arrest for a few days and he's not at all happy about that. He keeps whining to go out and we won't let him. He's gotta learn to quit being the street bully.
Thursday night I fixed some Aloo Gobi, an Indian dish that we can't get at our favorite Indian restaurant then DH went to the Indian place and got some Chicken Jalfrezi, Butter chicken, dahl, rice and nan bread to go with it. MMMMMMmmmm the rest of the stuff was good but that aloo gobi didn't turn out right like we remember. So we had leftovers on Friday night.

4 comments:

Velda said...

I think I'm going to hide in your suitcase when you go back to SA after coming home to NH lol....I love those straps...especially the seafoam green and purple one :) *hint*

Karan said...

The floss straps look great - they'd make brilliant holders for specs too, with the right fixings on the ends.
Mmmm curry - my favourite! (Homer Simpson drool!)
BTW, gorgeous hair. Would you like to swap for my grey mop? LOL

NHStitcher said...

LOLOL Karan, there is grey there, it's hidden.

NHStitcher said...

LOLOLOL Velda, you would indeed have a blast shopping here.