Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yep, another day in paradise

If I didn't know better, I'd say it was going to rain any minute. The sky is dark, grey, overcast and very humid. Highly unusual for April and one of the cats is very un easy today which is a sign of something.

Hey, you 123 posters, I do NOT read that board every day and when I do post something, I very rarely go back and check that post again. Apparently I am supposed to sit in front of my computer all day and all evening and just hit refresh to check for new messages and updates on that board. I don't even read that board every day, actually I only go there maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Some of those people really need to get a life.


I started a new project last night but I'm not sure how it will go together. I REALLY wanted to use a different floss, one with a special name but unfortunately it didn't show up on this fabric so I had to switch to a Gloriana silk floss which is a pain in the ass. I had 3 knots after only 12 stitches last night and already had to cut the floss. I am stitching this Name tree over 1 fabric thread on 32 count linen with 1 strand of silk floss. It is for a friend. Tell me what you think of it. Naturally the scanner does not show up the right color fabric or floss.
I made some really good salad "croutons" last night. We had some left over flatbread so I took it apart, sprinkled it with garlic powder, caraway seeds, sesame seeds, ground Italian seasonings, brushed it with olive oil then baked in a 325 oven for about 15 minutes. It came out so crispy and good! It went really well with the kitchen sink salad. Kitchen Sink salad is when I put everything but the kitchen sink in a salad.
Toinight I think I"ll fix that Cheese & Chili "souffle", the chilies being green chilies, not bean chili, or the spinach & orange salad, I can't decide.
I'm off for my walk and stitching today.

5 comments:

Velda said...

I think it's GORGEOUS but you're very brave (or crazy lol) so stitch that over 1 with silk AND on 32ct! lol

NHStitcher said...

LOL, thanks V, I was thinking the same thing, almost ripped it out and started it over 2.

Kim said...

I think it looks beautiful together. Good luck with the knots, they drive me nuts when I get them in my cotton floss. I can't imagine trying to get them out of silk threads.

Unknown said...

Wow. Gorgeous color and I so want to be able to stitch over 1, but STINK at it!

Chris said...

Can wait to see the tree...love the colors.
Hopefully things will go smoother with the rest of it.