Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Finished my hardanger project!

Ok I persevered and finished my first ever hardanger project. I have been wanting to try hardanger for years and now I have. The picot stitches were a bitch to do, they kept falling under stitches, falling out, not ending up where they are supposed to be etc, but I stuck with it. I don't really think they are actually picots but plain old knots but it works for me and the project is done. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but it's far from perfect.

WOO HOOOOOO, the Yankees won their home opener! YAY YAY YAY. Unfortunately I had to read about it on the internet this morning instead of being able to see it live.
Last night I stitched on a WIP/UFO, I started the August block of my blackwork project. I only got the outside border done but it's a start. Now I need to make a list of what NEEDS to be done this month and get busy stitching.
We had the last of the beef stir fry & rice so now we can have fruit & vegetables & salads again.
It's the weekend too! Nothing exciting planned either except DH's co-worker will be coming back from vacation with my new clip on magnifiers and mini clip on light. woo hoo!

5 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

My first piece, like yours was far from perfect, but it was a learning block and I am now addicted to hardanger - and where is it? - well in the draw because its certainly not good enough to do anything with but i havent the heart to part with it (too much blood sweat and tears lol).

Kim said...

I think you did a great job on your first hardanger project. I have been doing the beginner hardanger kits that are designed by Victoria's Sampler. They are fun, have great directions and I figure the more I do it the better it will look. I also remember what those first few pieces of cross stitch looked like when I first started :)

Mylene said...

Your first hardanger piece turned out great. Well done! I had done quite a lot of Hardanger years ago but more addicted to cross stitch these days.

Karen said...

well done on your first hardanger finish , it looks good

Karan said...

WTG on completing your first hardanger piece - some of those stitches look quite complicated for a starter piece. It does get easier the more you do, so there'll be no stopping you now. :0)