Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Internet problems

Update to the post below! It's now after 1PM in the afternoon, up until about 1/2 hour ago, the internet was just fine and dandy, not super fast like it USED to be but faster than yesterday. NOT all of a sudden, that mouse has died! This SO sucks!

A Holy CRAP moment! I was out doing my vigorous walk this morning when these wet blobs started dropping on me from the sky! That was a definate rare thing! I did see that it was very grey, cloudy and overcast this morning but sheesh it's already rained it's normal 2 days this year and it's April which adds to the rare occurrence (sorry, the spell checker hasn't worked in months on this thing)

Well if you don't see me for awhile it's because the mouse this country uses to power the kingdomwide internet hasn't been fed in a month or so and it's dying and just doesn't run around on that power wheel as often as it should. My connection was absoultely horrible yesterday, it took forever for anything to load if it did, so rather than get my blood pressure in a worse condition that it is, I just walked away from the computer and stitched. Hopefully I can check around a little bit today.



Yesterday I stitched more on this exchange piece. I got one side done, had to frog about 100 stitches on the bottom letter since it was off by 2 stitches. The fabric is darker that the scan shows and the floss is much prettier. Unfortunately because of the problems I had withe the floss at the begining of the piece, the color changes don't line up right on both sides. For those that don't know, if you turn your head sideways so your left ear is pointed to your shoulder, you should be able to read what the tree says. It says Pals.

I took all my "must do" projects and put them in a tote bag by my stitching table so I can get them done. I have 6 pieces that NEED to be done by May 26, 3 are exchanges and 3 are for family






Well the hunter scored again yesterday, Miss Annie got herself another bird again. This one was a large Mourning dove, there were feathers all over the yard and the patio, who knew one of those birds could have so many feathers. She was pretty damn proud of herself too.

I need to say this now, since everytime I say something about it on my blog, the alternate happens and life goes on. I am on day 124 of my so called "menstrual cycle", I haven't had a period since December 6. Can this be? Is it over? I have had hot flashes, night sweats, extremely dry skin and a few other symptoms and I WAS diagnosed a few years ago as being peri-menopausal so hopefully it's finally here!! I will however keep that bottom shelf full of tampons & pads just in case since I can't buy tampons here.

The other night I fixed the Cheese & Chili "Souffle" for supper. It was pretty good but a little watery. Of course I had to add more cheese, broccoli & cauliflower to the mixture. We finished it up last night. Tonight will be Spinach Citrus salad.

Ok, well I"ve rambled on long enough, I HOPE this posts, so if I normally post on any message boards that you read and I"m not posting, it's my fucked up internet connection again.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh I would be just as nuts as you without my internet connection. They need to invest in another mouse and work them in shifts.

Your stitching is lovely.

Kitty sounds like quite the character. I would probably spew if my cats ever came home with presents for me. I've had a cat or two that did, but thankful my cats are normally indoor critters. Nice girl to bring you presents though.

Good luck with the whole menopause thing. Not something I'm at all excited about!

Velda said...

crap woman, come home! I'm sorry that mouse is giving fits...buy a rat! lol....menopause, I can't wait. I'm so sick of the monthly thing....dead bird, ick. We have a dead squirrel, same death, no feathers.

Chris said...

Somebody feed the mouse....maybe you can send one of Miss Annie's catches to him.
The name tree is looking fabulous.
Here's hoping it's done. I can't wait, am tired of the not knowing when/if(getting it about every other month).

Karan said...

Oh great progress on the Pals tree, colours are gorgeous. :0)
Think living out there would turn me into a fruit loop - don't know how you do it.
Wouldn't mind getting the menopause over & done with either - all that money I currently spend on sanitary products could be so much better spent on stash. LOL