Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another week in paradise

32.9C (91.2F for you Americans) at 8:30AM. I took my walk early to avoid the heat. So far it has hit 100 twice. Ick.

I finished an exchange project on Thursday. It's called A Good Friend by Sue Hillis and it's stitched on 32 count Smoky Haze opalescent Mystique Lugana from Enchanted Fabrics and stitched with DMC floss. It's for a good friend of mine this summer.
I also started a SanMan design. Sandy had Doodle Day on her message board on Friday and has LOTS of COMPLIMENTARY GIFT CHARTS from her and a couple others. They are going to make very pretty biscornus, that is what I am going to use them for.
I did have everything out and my needle threaded to start my needleroll for the exchange on Tranquil Stitches board. I will stitch that later today when I am done with Sandy's Doodle.

My Daughter and her family should be heading back to Maine today from a week in Florida, I hope it doesn't take them as long to get home as it did to get down there. I will definitely be saying lots of prayers for their safe travel home.

Not much else happening here. I couldn't sit down on Thursday or Friday and kept jumping up and going cleaning things or picking up this and that. The sneezing/blowing nose problem is worse. I have no idea what is wrong but I sneeze, blow, sneeze. blow. It's gotta be a dust allergy.

Thursday we had spinning chicken for supper. I don't know how to describe spinning chicken to you. I guess the closest thing would be broasted chicken. You take 6 whole chickens, run a rod through them and put them on a huge gas rotisserie cooker until they are done. You get a whole chicken, a 2 lb bag of flavored cooked rice, a small green salad with sauce for less than $2.00. It's so good!
Friday night was grilled fish, cole slaw & hush puppies that tasted HORRIBLE. The flour, baking powder or oil from here is so nasty that things just don't taste like they are supposed to.

Well friends and lurkers, gotta go and finish this SanMan project. I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! (blog comments are always welcome)

3 comments:

Velda said...

omg that chicken sounds sooooo gooood!!! I LOVE your bra piece *giggle* it's adorable!

Karan said...

Love those little Sue Hillis designs - muct raid my stash & stitch one soon! :0)
Hope the allergy thing clears up soon. Could be all that sand!
Hope your DD & family had a good vacation & arrive home safely.

Christina said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your Sue Hillis is too cute.