Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday

I actually got up early for a change, got up at 7AM, looked out the door and it had rained during the night. Not just blobs but rain. The whole patio was wet, the patio table, both the cars and the whole street, it must have been some rain and I missed it. VERY unusual for this time of year. Now it's very humid outside. 85F/29.5C at 9:30AM.

So this is "Rivalry weekend". The Yankees are in Bahstan for 3 games and we took the first game! GO YANKEES!

The hunter stuck again Friday. Miss Annie brought me another bird, the 2nd one this week. She pranced around the patio with it then brought it in the house and pranced around with it before she ran into the kitchen under the table with it. Pretty proud of herself again, LOL.

I love making people happy, my weakness is spoiling my friends. Well Thursday we went back to that shop from last week and I bought my friend Velda a couple lamps. They were a LOT cheaper than I thought they would be. I thought I bought 2 different kinds but the guy got confused and only put 2 lamps in the box. They were so friendly this time and he said I could take pictures of what ever I wanted to, so I did. I took pictures of some more lamps for V and sent them to her. She chose the ones she wants so we will go back maybe this week to get them.

While we were in the shop waiting for the guy to box up the lamps DH & I both saw these BEAUTIFUL oil or tart burners at the same time. I looked at them and so did DH. I said how pretty they were and he said the same thing at the same time. I asked him which one he liked best so I could get it for him for our anniversary later this month, he was thinking the same thing! This is getting really strange, we think alike and at the same time on SO MANY things lately, pretty freaky. We ended up getting 2 of the burner things for each other since I can't get out on my own to buy things. I bought the Eagle for him and he bought the Dolphins for me.

I should have gone out and did my walk earlier but I didn't so now it's off to do the walk.

Last night we had steak, baked potato, mushy peas, steamed broccoli & cauliflower. We found something different to put on our baked potatoes. Here they have stuff called Breakfast Creme, not sure just what it is but it tastes like it is one step up from yogurt but not sour cream, cream cheese nor whipped cream but it is just perfect! Not really sure what is for dinner tonight. I did take some dried pork out to rehydrate it for something. Yes, I have pork, the forbidden, illegal meat. A couple years ago, I got a food dehydrator and dried some pork strips & wafer thin lunch meat, put it in vacuum bags then in empty doggie treat boxes and brought it back. I don't know what the big deal is, IT IS FOR MY PERSONAL USE, I am not going to share ANY of it with muslims, it's MINE, ALL MINE!

1 comment:

Karen said...

nice tart burners