Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy March

Ok, well my photobucket is back open again and I can see pictures from other albums as well. Let's hope it stays that way for awhile.
Ok folks, step right up, be the first one on your block to own these! Brand new, Limited time offer (and probably ONLY in this country too!) Yummy Vanilla Fresh, Cappuccino Mint, Lemon Lime and Chocolate flavors. What am I talking about you ask? How about those flavors in Close-Up toothpaste? I already have the Chocolate, took that home with me last summer, nobody wanted to try it though. Yes, I did buy the Vanilla Fresh and the Cappuccino Mint, Cappuccino Mint is ok, does taste like cappuccino, I tried it. I guess those aren't as bad as the "Barf" brand of laundry detergent, scouring powder, bleach and other cleaning products from a few years ago that they sold here. Yes, I bought some of those too.
This was brought on by our Thursday shopping excursion. We stopped at our local older than dirt and dusty too department store where I picked up some DMC Metallic threads on spools made in West Germany and some neon looking floss which is an unknown brand. Had to blow the dust off everything first though.

Then went to the grocery store where I found the toothpaste. Still no saltine crackers, haven't seen Miracle Whip in a couple of years, no decent adult cereal without 5 lbs of sugar. Those stupid baggers annoy the shit outta me. They put two things in a plastic bag, tie it up and put it in the cart, they put cat food in with people food, so I step in and tell them fill the bag! 1 roll of paper towels per bag is insane, put that box of tissues in there too! GEEZE gimme a break! They scowl when they see me come through their register, I tell them how to pack my groceries and stand there and watch them. I don't need 100 plastic bags from every trip to the store. I am going to start saving the bags and taking them back and then see what they do.
I did get stitching done! I finised the stitching part on that biscornu thing I was working on. Now I am adding beads, there are little "bulls-eye" looking symbols on the pattern but nothing on the chart or on the picture of the finished project to tell me what it's for so I am adding beads. Now I need to make the back side or something for the back side and make it into a biscornu and mark that off my WIP list.

Ok, so March is the Stitchathon on Cross STitch Crazy and Needle Nook, so let's see how much stitching I can actually get done this month. I am not going to set goals because I know I won't meet them. I am not doing this month's SanMan SAL project, it's cute, but I have other things to get done.

Last night's dinner was baked salmon with fresh dill, garlic, green onion and butter, steamed cauliflower & carrots and macaroni salad. Thursday nights' dinner was the last of the beef stew that I put some curry powder in. It was REAL good with the curry powder. I told DH last night that I am tired of eating! All I want to eat is maybe some sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and simple stuff like that. No more big meals. I don't have snack stuff in the house anymore so maybe smaller meals will help us both.

4 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Congrats on the finish.. The tooth past sounds very interesting.

Tammy said...

Congrats on the finish.

Too funny about the grocery store packers not liking you. You bully. :)

Good luck with the SAT this month. I'm off to get my stitching in a few minutes. Pitter patter gotta get at'er

Velda said...

how many days till you return here again? lol (((hugs)))

NHStitcher said...

LOLOL, toooooooo many V! May 31 or June 1st is my ETA. Am I getting that grouchy so soon?