Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another day in paradise

Both our kids were at our house yesterday. They didn't plan it, for some strange reason it just worked out that way. I just hope everyone was nice and got along.
Our son said the house was literally covered in snow. You had to bend down to get in the door because the snow/ice was that high. There was a continual pile that went from the deck floor to the roof of the house from where the snow slid off the roof onto the deck. you could stand on the couch that is in front of the window and not see the driveway. It took them 20 minutes to shovel their way into the house. The mail box was destroyed again by the town plow, the road is only 1 1/2 car widths and the snowbanks are at least 10 feet high on the road sides. It would not surprise me at all if there was a snowpile somewhere in my yard in June! And of course no one had a camera!
He also said a can of soda expoded in the fridge, it came apart at the seam of the can. That's just great.
I got to talk to both my grandsons too! That was fun. They were both so busy playing together though.
My DD also took her computer parts home so hopefully they will be back on line soon and we can chat again, I really miss chatting with my girl! We can also go stash shopping together too, I love doing that.

I don't think I do any stitching today, I did something to my middle finger on my right hand yesterday and it is like a huge burn blister. I dont' remember burning it though, but it stings like crazy.
It's almost noon here and I can feel a nap coming on but I can't take a nap because we have a friend coming over this evening to do some computer work so I have to clean up the house a bit.

Last night we had spaghetti for supper with sauce from a jar. Not much to fixing that.

2 comments:

Velda said...

oh how I wish they had photos!!!!!! darn lol....I hope you got some rest!

Kim said...

I am not suprised to hear about the snow. We sure have had alot of it this year. Where I am in Maine, it is melting fast but my DH & Son went north this weekend to snowmobile and they couldn't believe how tall the snowbanks still were. I think they will beable to snowmaobile through April this year :)