Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter 2


I'm back. Another day here, going to call my family in the USA later.

I made some banana bread today that turned out ok but a note to self:
NEXT TIME YOU DECIDE TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MADE BEFORE FROM A RECIPE, EITHER A: ENLARGE THE RECIPE SO YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE THING RIGHT OR B: PUT YOUR DAMN GLASSES ON SO YOU CAN READ IT! I don't think that is supposed to be chocolate soup and the walnuts taste horrible in it, not to mention when it says 1/4 cup chocolate chips, it doesn't mean "oh add 1/2 cup just because" You'll be awake for days now. I DO love chocolate, but this is NASTY!
Here are my Easter eggs and my Easter stitching projects:



Ok, so I joined another group with a SAL. I joined the India Grace designs group, she is doing a beginning Hardanger SAL. I really, REALLY want to learn how to do this and it was free. WELLLLLLLLLL, the project I started looks like shit. I know my stitches are either too loose or too tight, I can't turn the corners right and I know the threads of the fabric will unravel from where I cut it. This is what It looks like:




I have since cut the center of the small design and after 2 days figured out how to stitch it so it looks right.I also had to take out all of the stitching on the very top because I went over too many threads. I WILL finish this!
Here is an update from March 23. I'm not happy with the way the wrapped bars look, I may take them out.


Another strange thing happened the other day and we're really not sure what to do. DH & I were sitting at the computers when the doorbell rang like crazy. It was only 6PM and still light out. DH answered the door, it was the man next door. (a "native" local resident) He said "hello, I am your new neighbor, (gave his name) I wanted to come say hello, here is a dish of food for you" My DH said hello and was very pleasant, said hello to the man's little child, but the child doesn't speak English and only looks to be about 1 1/2. They exchanged greetings then DH closed the door. Now this totally stumped us! It is a VERY nice thing to do but highly out of character for the locals! Now we have no idea if we are supposed to reciprocate and if we do, how do we go about doing so because of the man/woman thing. We don't know if we are supposed to return the empty clean dish and say thank you or what. DH will have to ask one of the local men he works with. I haven't seen any females over next door either.


So anyway, have a GREAT EAster!



3 comments:

Velda said...

lol oh no on the chocolate!! When you come home, bring that hardanger with you and I'll give you some pointers in person, it's much easier. But I see you fixed those corners, bravo!

NHStitcher said...

Thanks for the comment, I'm pretty happy about the corners now.

Stitchingranny said...

Once you get used to hardanger you will be hooked. It grows so much quicker than cross stitch and though it looks complicated once you get the hang of it then its actually very easy. Just remember to count, count and count again lol.

Good luck