Saturday, March 29, 2008

A new week

Ok, so I am locking the patio door when I went to bed "last night" at 2AM. I noticed water on the patio, very unusual for 2AM. I go get some shoes, plod around, the water is growing into a little "lake". I walk around the side of my patio to see water bubbling up out of the ground in the neighbors yard and it's running on to my patio. Well to be quite honest, at 2AM there is absoultely nothing anyone can do except let it bubble until 5AM when someone is available to come fix it. Swell, so that means I won't have any water in the morning. So I get up at 8AM, I can see on the patio bricks we have out there that there was at least 3-4 inches of water on my patio but it has receeded quite a bit and appears to be fixed for now.
(let me explain to my new readers, I live on a walled in, self contained, private compound in a major metropolitan city in "the middle east". If something needs to be fixed, we call maintenence and "they will send someone". Our weekends are Thursday and Friday and the work week is Saturday-Wednesday. We don't celebrate any holidays what so ever except the muslim holidays, and most "western" or civilized holidays are forbidden, banned, illegal and not recogonized)
Last night we had pulled beef bbq, a recipe that was on the back of a box of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix. It was quite good. I had left over beef cubes so I will fix those tonight instead of heating up the bbq mess.

I sat for another 3 hours last night and worked on my hardanger project. I like the bottom 1/2 of this project a lot better than the top half. Not really much more and it will be done.

So far this month I have done well with my stitching and I think that is mainly due to the SALS on a few boards and the Stitchathon on Cross Stitch Crazy and Needle Nook. I just hope I can keep up the stitchy mood.
2, yes 2 more days until the boys come out to play!!!

No comments: