Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Saturday!

Another weekend come and gone. Not very exciting, vacuumed, got the airbubbles taken out of our waterbed since it takes both of us to do it.

I got a lovely gift Friday morning, If you're squeemish, you might not want to read this. DH & I were sitting at our computers this morning. We hear this cat screeching noise at the patio door, he got up and said Annie wants you (she is one of our cats), I go to the door and there she is VERY proudly holding a limp bird in her mouth. I stood there looking at her and she drops it, steps back and just looks at me flicking her tail back and forth. She then picks it up and just very proudly stands there. DH opened the door, she shot in, ran to the kitchen and scooted under the kitchen center table we have. She came out about 45 mintues later just as proud as a peacock. AT least I suppose she knew where to take it. She's the hunter of all 4 cats, she loves to bring me gecos and large bugs. There aren't any rats or mice around here so I don't get those. She doesn't want to give them to DH, she prefers to give them to me. I did tell her thank you but please don't do that again. She strutted around the house the rest of the day. She thinks she is the princess around here. She is unique in that she has one full green/hazel eye and one eye that is 1/2 hazel and 1/2 blue and the colors change with her moods and lighting. Her full name is Little Orphan Annie, she and her 3 sisters and 1 brother were born under a bush in our front yard and mom abandoned them when they were only about 3 weeks old. We found nice, loving homes for 3 of them so we took in Annie and her brother. They will be 6 years old in April.



I am almost done with my March 17th project, just a few more stitches, I just couldn't stitch any more last night I was tired.

I am doing so well with the stitchathon, it is just what I needed to get my stitching ambition back! I have stitched just about every day which is wonderful for me.


I make up a package of Lemon poppyseed muffins this morning. The annoying part is they have to put an arabic sticker on the boxes, I have no clue if it is a list of ingredients, instructions or what it is but they put their stupid sticker right over 1/2 the English ingredient list and 1/2 the instructions. I had to run the box under water to try and peel of this stupid sticker. I did save the boxtop though for my grandson's school. I need to get off my butt and make my hot cross buns before lent is over.


Thursday evening we had the last of the chicken fajita chilli and Friday we had yummy home made shrimp stir fry. I want to make crock pot pulled beef bbq, I found the recipe on the back of a Lipton Onion Mushroom box. It was actually for pulled pork but since pork is forbidden and banned here, i have to use beef.

No comments: