Friday, December 26, 2008

Remembering today


This quote is from the Lion

Today is the anniversary of the Tsunami in Asia when so many lost their lives. We were there in Phuket, Thailand just 3 weeks before having a wonderful time. I just hate to think how many funny, entertaining, sweet people we met were lost. I know the resort we stayed at was devistated, it was a beautiful beachfront place.

We had a nice Christmas, only 2 friends were here for dinner. I cooked turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes that no one ate, carrots, green beans, vegetable mold, cranberry sauce pecan pie, pumpkin pie, whiskey cake(I didn't make this one, I opened the package I brought back from the states). I forgot the waldorf salad that was in the fridge. Now I have tons of leftovers.
DH got me a new flash drive since I lost the cap for my other one, a Sony MP3 player!!! a new soft yoga/exercise mat (YEAH! the old one is rough on the hip bones) 3 KG weights since the 2KG ones are getting light.
I also got to talk to both our kids, woke up my poor DS who had his one day to sleep in. DD was excited over her gifts which made me happy.

I didn't finish my American Christmas project but I'll still work on it.

3 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas day. We had a lovely time opening gifts, then celebrating at the family service at church before coming home for ham and roasted potatoes and a disaster of a birthday cake for Jesus. Naps and talking to family in the States rounded out our day as well. Hope 2009 is all you hope for!

Deirdre said...

Sounds wonderful! I LOVE sweet potatoes!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas dinner.

Another friend is remembering the tsunami and her dear friend she lost that day.