Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Eid! & I finished a project!!

Eid Mubarak to eveyone. This is the Eid al-Adha holiday that comes with the Hajj. For more info, google Eid al-Adha.



Woo Hoo! I finished my Be Merry project! I also found out that if you change the fabric from the count the pattern suggests, and it comes with a button pack, the putton back is proportioned to the fabric count listed on the chart, therefore when you change the fabric count the buttons look stupid. The project is Be Merry by Shepherd's Bush and I stitched it on 32 count Champagne Cocktail opalescent from Enchanted Fabrics. I had to change the size of a couple buttons and substitute a couple of others. YOu can't see the white snowflakes or the fuzzy white santa beard either. I should have stuck with the 10 count Sand Tula fabric it called for.

I didn't walk today, I just didn't want to. I want to stitch.

3 comments:

Karen said...

nice finish

Kristin said...

It is an adorable piece. I wouldn't have guessed there were any substitutions in it.

Deirdre said...

I think it looks great!

I want to stitch too:( No time though!