Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ok, he won

When DH got home from his afternoon run, the conversation started something about the christmas tree. I have a tiny, scrawny tree that my cross stitch ornaments are on, I kind of like it. I said it's right there & pointed to the tree. He said no, the other one, the tree. I said there's no room, he said he'd help me clean off the side table. I said the cats will knock it over. He said we'll find someplace. I said yeah, whatever. He had to go out to get some eggs & onions so I went and got the tree (with one hand mind you) grabbed some christmas fabric, put the fabric down on an end table, put the tree down, plugged it in and there it is. That's all, just the tree. The tree is only about 3 feet tall if that. The lights & ornaments are always on it, I pick it up and put it back in the closet upstairs. We used to have a huge 7 foot tree but when the kids left and don't come back, I gave the tree to some friends. I'll post a picture later.

So there you have it, he won. Oh, and he was gone about 2 hours for "eggs & onions" when there are 2 major grocery stores within 20 minute drive. At least he didn't wait until Christmas Eve to do his shopping, LOLOLOL.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Too funny!

And, why did he need eggs and onions?

Chris said...

You have more holiday spirit then me. I don't have a tree up - and don't plan on putting one up. (It's easier than keeping the cats out of it.)

Happy holidays!

Velda said...

eggs and onions? lol...he could have at least said bread and milk, it's a little more believable lol

Mary said...

We have a tree like that. This year we decided not to put up the tree since we had a crappy past few months. My mom did put the fake candle lights in the window and a card wreath she puts up every year. I actually kind of like the fact that it's not all squishy in our living room. We are having dinner over my brother and SIL's so we don't need a tree to put the presents under it.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, my friend.

and I heard him say as he drove out of site, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Doris

Karen said...

Merry Christmas