Saturday, December 6, 2008

A new week

Another week started in paradise.

I did my walk this morning and it was nice out. the temps are dropping and it was 75 at 9:30AM and a slight breeze. Yep, it's winter. I did my walk in 20:15! Woo Hoo! Tried to jumprope but the girls didn't like bouncing all over the place.

I stitched last night for 2 hours! Woo Hoo to that! I am almost done with Be Merry, just have to finish up his beard with fuzzy stuff and put the buttons on. I think I'll make a little "door" pillow. The monthly stitchathon starts at Cross Stitch crazy but I don't participate anymore. One particular member ALWAYS posts 1100+ stitches EVERY DAY, kind of blows my momentum to post my measly 200 stitches so I don't bother. I wish they would say to post before pictures and after pictures and only count cross stitching, needlework and NOT crochet & knitting. Oh well.

This is my reflection weekend. On December 6, 1984 my 2 young children & I got on a plane in a blinding snow storm that had JFK & 1/2 the East coast almost snowed in and left the real world behind. We landed in the land that time forgot on December 7 at 4:20PM, minus our luggage which we got the following day. 24 years later I'm still in hell.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You are doing a fabulous job with the walking.

I don't participate in the stitchathons because I never ever remember to keep track of stitches or time.

Deirdre said...

Awesome job with the walking! My girls wouldn't like the jumproping either.

Awesome on the stitching! I have only been buying lately:( I need to get it together. I don't keep track of stitches, I confuse myself. I do time! I feel like I have accomplished more when I do time!