Saturday, November 1, 2008

Welcome to November

So much for starting the month & week with a nice invigorating walk. The wind is blowing and the sand is everywhere. I work up with a stopped up nose and now it's running, I'm sneezing and just ick. I wanted to walk extra today because I was a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD girl last night and ate some Ghost PEEPS. That is the first sweets I have had in almost a month. Well then there was the 1/2 can of Pringles rice chips. I have been so good for so long I just cracked.

Maybe I ate that junk because I was up until 4AM at the SanManville Halloween party. Last night was Sandy's annual Halloween party & fun night. I stayed up, played a couple games looked at cute stitching, and chatted. It was fun and I look forward to doing that every year.

This evening DH & I have to schlep to the hospital to have a "blood grouping" done. I have no fucking clue what that means but it has to do with my new passport, his "Iqama" (working papers), my "Iqama" (residence permit) & who knows what all. It should be entertaining.

So I go to the pharmacy the other day and got a 200 pack of my lancets, test strips, diabetes pills and alcohol swabs, all WITHOUT a perscription! The alcohol swabs were a real surprise, I figured the morons here wouldn't sell them because of "alcohol". Anyway, get home check everything out and the damn test strips aren't the right ones. They assume test strip, read the BRAND and throw a box on the counter, never checking to see if they are the right ones. This is supposedly a REGISTERED pharmacist. So I either have to try to find a pharmacy that has the ones I need or buy a new monitor that works with what they have here.

That's my day/week/month so far

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sorry about the bad weather and the stuffy/runny nose. Hope both improve.