Sunday, November 30, 2008

BAH HUMBUG!



NO, this is NOT the same phrase from the other day.

Is it January yet? I HATE Christmas. People don't stop to think that Christmas isn't all gooey, sugar runny, tingly oozy sweet, fun & happy. Christmas is often painful, hurtful reminders of past happenings that destroyed holiday happiness and can't be renewed.
SO, I am staying away from message boards (they're dead anyway) Facebook and deleteing Happy, gooey, warm fuzzy, irritating e-mails about shopping etc. and I will probably go private with this blog, (no one visits anyway)

It would have been my anniversary date on one message board but no one is there anymore, it's dead.

Yes I did fix a Thanksgiving dinner & had people over.

9 comments:

Velda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Velda said...

I visit everyday.

EVERYTHING is quiet Robin...it's really strange, because it's happened alot earlier this year, not sure why.

(((Hugs)))

Kim said...

Robin, I agree about the message boards being quiet and those that aren't quiet have been pretty nasty lately...I think alot of people are just busy with Thanksgiving and preparing for Christmas, I know it sure has cut into my computer time. Thanks for the warm welcome on Spark People and I hope you keep your blog, I enjoy visiting when I can :)

Kristin said...

I visit all the time. I am sorry you are feeling so down.

Deirdre said...

((((((((HUGS)))))))) I visit you! I have been lame about comments lately due to stress and laziness! I just want a snow day or 5! Don't disappear on us!

Jenn said...

Hey Robin! I come to visit you! I just never leave a comment!!

I really don't go to the message boards anymore. No real reason. I just don't go. I read my blog list instead.

Lots of *hugs*! Please don't go private!

Tammy said...

I feel your pain with the blogging thing. I've not so much come to the thought of going private or deleting it though.

I'm sorry Christmas is a tough time for you. I, for one, love it. I don't know what it is that I love so much, but I get nuts about it. I've not always had the best Christmases, but I still love it.

Sending big hugs!

Karen said...

I choose to work Christmas,
as for the messageboards I rarely visit them anymore , mind you when I am really board the back biting can be amusing , the woe is me I have no money gets a bit boring as we are all having to tighten belts
hope you are having a good day and you enjoyed your walk

Miriam Pauline said...

Sorry, Robin. I visit everyday, I'm just a LOUSY commenter (ask just about anyone we know in common). I'm quiet right now...on the boards and in life. Uncertainty in economy, kids' ages and needs, not having anything interesting to say, and just needing to be introspective. Plus, I'm not horribly fond of the commercial side of the holidays. All that to say, I guess I understand because I'm part of the problem. I'll try to engage a little more.