Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another update

My mom is home from the hospital. Her pneumonia is cleared up, her leg is ok but still needs to heal. She has a walker to use and has to keep her leg up. My sister was able to get her a form of "meals on wheels" for awhile but my mom didn't want it because they deliver the meals at noon and SHE doesn't eat until dinner. Sheesh, take them for crying out loud.
Dad is better and has the splint off his arm.

Well the latest blood test result of mine says my thyroid numbers are within the normal range but I am now being diagnosed as a diabetic. Like I really need this one now. So I have still another dr appt on Monday afternoon after office hours so they can give me yet another pill to take and show me how to use a blood glucose monitor. How fun.

I can't believe my vacation is over, I really could use another week to get things straightened out but my visa that allows me to get back into hell, rather the place I have to go will expire soon and I NEED to get my US passport renewed before January.

The fall colors are at their full, vibrant peak right now and so much MORE vibrant and pretty than last year. It's supposed to go down to 38F tonight. Looks like we will have a fire in the fireplace.

Our friend came up yesterday and spent the night. He is a great friend we know from that "hell" place. He came up from Boston and brough these WONDERFUL, heavenly cookies from a bakery down there.

Guess I better go and get things done.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm glad your thyroid is behaving but it sucks that you've officially been diagnosed as a diabetic.

I wish you had more time here stateside.

Felicity said...

Diabetic, huh? Don't forget the walks in the morning to get the system started and a stroll in the afternoon to blow off the last of the carbohydrates. It will make a fabulous difference in your life if you do this. 30 minutes in the morning, a gentle 30 minutes in the afternoon (perhaps around a shopping mall, if that's what you like).

Karan said...

Great news about your Mom - if she can fuss about the meals on wheels then she must be feeling better. :0)
Good news about your thyroid but a bummer with the diabetes. Hope you can get that under control quickly. :0)