Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back in hell

Wow, what a slap in the face! Stepping out of the plane door into the HUMID HOT evening was like a slap in the face. I wasn't at the bottom of the steps yet (NO JETWAYS in this country) and I was sweating. It may have only been 90F but it was humid as all get out. UGH! IT wasn't much better this morning either. The traffic is 100 times worse than when I left in May, not fun at all. At least my luggage made it without incident this time.

The house is infested with fucking fleas! Every step and there are hundreds of the bastards. I hope there is enough flea powder in this country to get rid of them. It's beyond horrible!

I checked in at Lufthansa in Boston and was told I needed to pay a $139 re booking fee! When the travel agent here re booked my flight from a 10:30PM flight to the 4:15 PM flight they DIDN'T tell him there was a fee. THEN the check in agent couldn't see how long my visa was good for and hesitated about it. I got all that checked in and on my way through security. No problem at all with the flight to Frankfurt. I got there at 5:30AM and nothing was open. I didn't get much sleep on the plane, it was only a 5 hour flight so 1/2 of it was taken up with serving food & drinks which left 2 hours for sleep. I probably got about an hours worth.
THEN the assholes in Frankfurt were NOT going to let me on the plane because of the visa issue again. They couldn't read where it said how long it was good for so they had to call someone who read Arabic. I kept telling them it is ALWAYS good for 6 months. They couldn't accept my answer.
Flight to hell was ok, the seats and seating area are so much smaller on Lufthansa than others but I had an isle seat and the flight wasn't full. It was continuing on to Eritrea. Immigration & customs were easy, waiting on the luggage took forever it seemed.
Then fighting the horrible, miserable traffic home was beyond life threatning!

Now to get on with life here.

The cats were glad to see me. Of course, scratch me, the fleas are bothering me.

The bags are unpacked so I guess I am staying. EEEWWWW

4 comments:

Velda said...

Breathe girl breathe! The countdown to coming back home can now begin!!! (((huge hugs)))

Kristin said...

{{{Huge hugs}}}...I'm glad you are safe and sound even if its not where you want to be.

Karan said...

Glad you've arrived safe & sound. Not the greatest greeting at the house though - looks like the fleas like the heat. :0( Hope that problem is soon sorted. Start crossing off those days on your calendar!

Vicki said...

(((Hugs))) hon. Glad you made it back safely even though I know it's not where you want to be. Hope the fleas are gone soon...what a terrible thing to come back to.