Monday, October 27, 2008

At ease finally

I went to the Dr. yesterday to talk to her about this diabetes thing. First off, this hospital, holy shit I kid you not was more like a top of the line 5 star resort hotel than a hospital. I sent some of you a link to pictures of this upscale, fancy smanchy place. I am not going to post the link here because I don't want the rest of the world to know where it is. But real marble floors, chandeliers, a DOOR MAN, fountains & gardens all over. GIMME A BREAK! I know that puny insurance my DH's company has will never ever cover this place! Anyway, the Dr was so VERY sweet, VERY funny, VERY understanding, and she is a native of this country. She doesn't exactly see eye to eye about everything this country believes but it is HER country. She speaks excellent English as well. Anyway she set my mind at ease about what I can and can not eat, how much of what each day, what to be careful of. She said I can get my pills here and my finger poker things and test strips. All I need to do is go to the pharmacy and ask for them, bam, here they are. No need for a prescription. She also said her husband would like to go back to the USA for the upcoming HOLIDAYS - AS IN AMERICAN HOLIDAYS and to go back to school to further his degree.
THEN, there, behind me was a dr./hospital scale. I HAD to check it out and yes it's official, according to that scale I weighed 65.50 kilos, 143 lbs! I was so excited to see that! I explained to my friend Maria and to my Dr. that in July I started at 160 and was now down to this weight. They were both happy for me. So now instead of keeping my goal at 140, I am going for 135. That may take a little more effort because now I have a new eating plan which is more food than I have been eating. I just want to know when the INCHES will come off!
The traffic on the way home was WAYYYYYYYYYYY beyond life threatening, I wasn't sure if we were going to make it home a couple of times.

I did stitch for about 45 minutes so far today on another SanMan Halloween project. Maybe I can finish it up tonight.

Last night we just had a large salad since it was after 8:30 when we got home. we left at 5PM.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on 143 becoming official! GLad the doc made you feel so much better about things.

Karan said...

Fantastic weight loss news! Sounds like you've found a very good doctor there too (why can't they all be like that?!)
Hope all continues to go well & you reach your new goal. Well done! :0)

Tammy said...

Thank goodness for good doctors. She sounds like a gem!

Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing awesome!!!!