Monday, October 13, 2008

How many days have I been here?

Has it been 8 months yet? You mean it's only been 2 miserable days in hell? This internet connection is beyond horrible again (still) I can see I definately won't be online much!

Ok, well, after the terrorizing ride through traffic lst night looking for the place to have my passport pictures taken, it was gone so we had to go to a new place. The guy was busy taking photos of his friends so I went back down stairs in the shop and the shop manager wanted to know what happened, I told him. So the manager goes back upstairs and tells the guy "US Passport pictures NOW" Pissed the guy off and his friends too but got that done. Come back after 45 minutes to pick up picture.
Ok so another terror filled ride to another shopping center to look for exercise equipt. Found a jump rope & some stretchy ropes then went to the grocery store.
Well it sure is going to be fun trying to track what I eat on Spark People because IF there are nutrition lables on stuff it definately isn't in English. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw somthing, yep, a mouse ran across the floor under the huge shelving units. Wasn't that fun? Killed time during wailing hour in the grocery store. Go back & pick up my pictures.

Ok so now today the kitchen faucet is spraying water out of the base of the faucet. DH says he's had them fixing it 3 times so far while I was gone so I called them again. The guy says water not work from dish washer? I said NO, WATER FAUCET! Geeze, so that was like 40 minutes ago, we'll see how long it takes them.

I did manage to walk this morning, for 21 minutes, made 1 1/4 circuit of the compound ring road. I am pleased because that is progress to me. However, I weighed myself and that scale is WAY OFF! Not to mention it's in kilos not pounds, oh well. Last week in the Dr;s off I weighed in at 151.4, today the stupid scale says 147. I think NOT! I don't think I've lost THAT much weight in a week because it doesn't feel like it. I'll except 150 but NOT 147. Someone needs new scales. Did I mention it was 92F when I was walking this morning? I'll take my 42F and put on extra clothes. I did however walk in ankle lenght pants, a jogging bra, compression shirt AND an 3X t shirt on just to make sure I was covered enough. My Ipod made it a little more bearable.

Oh did I mention that before I left my comfy HOME I was cleaning up in the bathroom and a stone popped out of my diamond ring? I was horrified, heartbroken but spent 10 minutes on the floor looking for it and luckily found it. It's so teeny tiny but it needs to be fixed. I feel naked without my ring!

Gotta go sort through my new cross stitch stash and put it away. I really hope I have uplifting posts soon!

4 comments:

Velda said...

As much as I know you hate being there, I really enjoy reading about your day to day activities there....we need some photos too :) (((Hugs))))

Kristin said...

{{{Hugs}}} Robin...good for you for keeping up with the exercise!

Karan said...

Well done for keeping up with the walking & exercise. Lots of (((((hugs))))).

_ said...

Oy, the things you go through on a day to day basis there. (((Hugs))) Sorry to hear about your ring but so glad you were able to find the stone.