Friday, October 10, 2008

What a day!

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have given me hugs and support, you don't know what it means to me right now.
So it's time to fly again.
My mom was admitted to the hospital again yesterday with that MRSA leg problem again. Her leg IS improving but she had a nasty looking spot on her leg and her dr. wanted it checked out. So she is having vascular surgeons look at it. My father has to have his colonoscopy on Friday so I hope I can find out how he did by 3PM when my flight boards.

It was a simply beautiful fall day here, exactly like my childhood memories of fall. Extremely beautiful, vibrant colors and leaves raining down everywhere leaving piles to swirl around. The smell is wonderful outside, between fireplaces burning and the leaves, yes, it's fall. Probable the last time I will see a full peak fall for years to come.

I got 2 bags packed, I know they will be over weight but I have tried several times to pack & repack & take out stuff that I suppose I could do without but made sure my stash was in there. I don't give a shit. I suppose if everyone said that, the planes would never take off but I am leaving for 8 months. My carry on is heavy too but I have a shit load of new pills, diabetes test strips & reading material about all this diabetes stuff that I can't pack in my bags. I'm sure I'll get into trouble with those too.

COME ON JUNE! I really hope these next 7 1/2 months zip by. Maybe if I start planning my meeting with Velda & Mary and I HOPE M2 now, it will go faster, what do you think ladies?

I leave my house at 8AM Friday morning to get to the bus before 11AM so I can get to Boston for a 4PM flight. An 7 hour flight, a 7 hour layover, another 5 hour 20 minute flight and I'll be back in hell at 6:30PM local time Saturday night and hopefully back at the house by 8PM. IT all depends on how many nasty, stinky other flights have come in and how miserable Immigration & customs wants to be.

I am exhausted right now, got up at 4:30AM, took DH to the bus station, went back to the motel and dozed off for about an hour, drove home raced around the house to pack then had to go out for 2 hours driving to town and back for more perscriptions, run around the houes more, up and down. I still have more to do so I'm signing off from the free world of the USA.

Enjoy all your female freedoms that you are entitled to in the free world!

4 comments:

Raven/Missy said...

I hope your mom's leg gets better faster and your dad's colonoscopy goes well and is clear. :)

Sorry to hear that you are having to go back so quickly, it seems like you just got home. I do hope your flights go well and customs isn't being a pain!

Velda said...

Now stop pouting...the sooner you get to Saudi, the faster you will get back here. Okay so let's plan. OUR Plan is to actually come to NH next year...so you'll have to keep me informed of dates as soon as you know anything tentative...altho we can still do Syracuse too and then we'll get to see each other TWICE!!! I need to meet B this time too...and I'd love to see sister again too...

So keep your chin up, I'll keep your mom in my thoughts and watch for you're "I'm here safe and sound WITH my luggage at the same time" post

Love you girl!!!

Karan said...

Hope it's just a temporary blip for your Mum & she soon recovers & that all goes well with your Dad's investigation.
Fingers crossed for a safe, smooth journey & problem free arrival.... & a quick 7 1/2 months until your next trip home. :0)

Kristin said...

I hope your mom and dad both do well with their medical issues. Have a safe trip and we'll all be counting the days until you come stateside again.