Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thank you!

Thank you to those special friends who stopped by yesterday to wish me a happy birthday!
Nothing happened at all, but then I didn't really expect anything, a new garage, all new siding for the whole house and removing the nasty mold was good enough for me. I want a house I can feel comfortable in and isn't falling down.

YAY, it's the weekend, don't know what all DH has planned yet. Probably hunting down any GNC stores to see if they have my "healthy food" that I can't find in grocery stores, that would be really nice! I did discover that splenda + cinnamon powder don't mix up. I mixed & mixed & mixed this morning and it didn't mix together at all.

I have already walked 1 lap around the compound this morning, even though the temps said it was only 88 it didn't feel much better. One lap is better than none! Yesterday I did 1.58 miles, better than the day before so that is good. I also did jump rope, (oh my poor boobs from getting so juggled around) and I got my resistance bands out and did a few pulls with them. I gotta do this, now that there are even fewer distractions here. (Yep V, I did take a couple pictures while I walked but I don't know how they came out.)

The picture isn't very good but this is a "traffic direction square" at the entrance to the compound. It's just a little "island" that had trees & a fountain. It's a picture off the cell phone and it was right before sunset around 5:30PM. Gotta be careful when taking pictures here. (rolling eyes)


WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I actually FINISHED a cross stitch project!! I'm excited! I finished SanMan Originals pattern called "Oops, Poof, Meow" a cute Halloween pattern that came with a frame. That felt good to finish it too. It really didn't take long at all to stitch it.


Yesterday I had Low sodium Vegetarian White bean chili for lunch & dinner along with a huge green salad for my birthday.

Today it's plain oatmeal with raisins & pumpkin pie spice for breakfast.

5 comments:

Velda said...

I'm so glad you got your house done, I know it's been a real thorn in your side. Thanks for the picture, now I can picture you walking each day :) GREAT stitching, LOVE LOVE the frame! Have a good day hon. It's FREEZING here already.

Tammy said...

Love the stitching and frame.

When you say 'walk around the compound', I think prison. I know it must feel that way to you too, at times. Good for you still taking care of yourself!

Hugs

Vicki said...

Yay on getting the house done. Thanks for the pic. There are really rules there about when you can take pictures??

Kristin said...

So glad to hear you got the house done.

I love that stitchy piece. It is adorable.

Karan said...

Glad you got your house sorted. Love the SMO finish. :0)