This is a project from back in 2003, a Christmas Mystery SAL by Pam Kellogg. It's got a ton of metallic floss and beads in it. It's stitched on 28 count opalescent fabric that I dyed black. This is one that I would like to actually finish. It started out as a SAL but I never kept up with it.
Here we have Liberty Angel, another just HAD to stitch project by Leisure Arts. I think the chart was also my first e-bay win too. It's Liberty Angel by Leisure Arts stitched on white opalscent fabric that I think I dyed some strange color. I started this one April 15, 2003. I picked it up again last year and noticed that I had started the project on the wrong fabric thread so I had to figure out how to straighten it up. I was NOT going to start this over! So I stitched 1 row over 1 thread and got it back even. I would LOVE to finish this one in 2007 too but there is a shitload of white, ecrus in it, not to mention backstitching.
This is another book mark kit from Sudbury House I started on Sept 28, 2006. I love the bright colors in this one. I wanted to take this as a "Stitch on the plane/airport" project so I started it before I left. I never did stitch any on the plane either so here it sits, but this is in a special project tote so all I have to do is grab the tote and off I go.
This is a real pain in the ass project, it's a kit from Dimensions that has all those stitches hanging outside the backstitch lines. It looks so messy so I am trying to stitch fractional stitches instead of whole stitches to make it look neater. I had this thing for flip flops, they look so summery and tropical sort of. I started this Oct. 24 2006 and had to put it away before it went flying across the room.
This is my latest WIP, Scooba Dooba by Raise the Roof Designs. I decided at the last minute to stitch this for my husband who is an avid Scuba diver. I started it, had the sea snake and the waves done then realized I had cut the fabric too small and there was no way to fix it, so I had to start it all over again. This is as far as I got. I took the picture off the leaflet cover, wrapped it in a piece of paper with IOU written on it, put it in an envelope and gave it to my husband for Christmas. He says he likes it. I hope to finish it this year. It's stitched on 28 count white evenweave with Weeks and GAST flosses.
Here is my "What the hell was I thinking" project. Lizzie Kate's 2005 Flip It Stamps. One of my boards was doing this as a SAL in 2006 so I joined. I thought it would be neat to stitch them on one long bell pull. That was a BAD idea, that thing is LONG. I stitched one a month until June, I didn't stitch anymore until I came back from vacation in September. I still have 3 months left to put on. It's stitched on 16 count aida banding with GAST and Weeks floss. The sides of it are filthy. I try to be so very careful to wash my hands every time I sit down to stitch but it's still dirty. I don't know how I am going to clean it since it's stitched with overdyed floss.
That's all that I could find, but I know there are a couple more around somewhere.
I hope you haven't fallen asleep looking at these. I'll try to remember to post pictures when/IF I stitch on any of these.