Monday, January 22, 2007

January 22

Got up, got dressed, checked e-mail & boards. It's a cool breezy day today, no sand storm, just breezy. Called maintence at 10:45 to come fix the overhead flourescent light in the kitchen. Told them it needs 2 new flourescent lights, he said, "Light bulb?" Well see what they bring.
Husband asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to the beach on Thursday, I told him we'll see. That means drag the weed whacker out to dispose of my winter growth of fur before wearing shorts in public. He and some friends are going to brave the "cold" waters of the Red Sea and go diving, me, I'll just sit in my chair on the beach and stitch.
2 Maintenence guys came at 1:30, one carrying a ladder and the other with a bag of lightbulbs, I should have known. I showed them which light needed replaced, "ok, I go get bulb. Any more need fix?" They fixed the light bulb over the stove and the kitchen light. I signed the work order and noticed what was written on work order "kitchen bulb broke".

It was a simply beautiful day, nice and cool, only 78 at the most. I could have left the patio door open with the screen door on all day except for the men bellowing and yelling at certain times of the day outside, that kind of ruins the atmosphere, and the screeching litter of kids next door that just scream and cry all day and slam bang doors.
I got my blackwork SAL project started and I'm kind of proud how far I got, maybe blackwork won't be bad at all. 740 stitches done in 3 hours 47 minutes. I could have done more but I didn't. Tomorrow is another day.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Robin, i'll add you to my blog list, although i don't do anythng exciting and only use it to keep track of my stitching LOL
{Hugs}

Mary Ann said...

Hi Robin! Your blog is lovely! I will add you to my list of blogs I enjoy reading.

NHStitcher said...

Thanks ladies, I have added yours as well!

oktanya said...

LOL! Gotta love maintenance men.

JoAnn said...

Hi Robin, you blog looks great & I will add you to my list of blogs! I like how you have all your stitching planed out for the month! I might have to look into doing something like that!

Happy Stitching!

Tina said...

ROTFL - okay, your description of the winter growth has me howling... Too funny about the maintenance men.

Kristin said...

ROFL...too funny about the maintenance man!

Frugality Mom said...

LOL on the matience men. Loved your description on the weed wacker before the beach, glad to see I am not alone in the world during the winter.