Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28

Hi lurkers and friends, how are you all today? Same shit, different day here, got up, dressed, got coffee, let cats in/out, cleaned up kitchen, checked e-mail & message boards. It's another bright sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, it's 25C here at 2:30PM (77F for those in the US). I'm listening to Jimmy Buffet's CD Fruitcakes today, I don't listen to music very often, I like quiet.

I joined another cross stitch forum today called Jayne's Attic. I've read about her shop on the Ozark Sampler board so I thought I'd have a look around. Looks like a fun group, lots of interest and different things going on at the board.
Looks like our Needle Nook group will be moving over to the Yucko, I mean Yuku board this week. I don't look forward to that but hopefully we won't have as many problems and Cross Stitch Crazy board does.

Of course I read my newsletter from The Sweetheart Tree today and went to their website and found lots of cute designs I like. This is quite a switch from the last couple months when I had no desire to look at new designs, charts, fabric etc. I am still going to clean out my charts and get rid of some this summer.

Last night I fixed a "southwestern" style "lasagna" that I fix quite often. Our son's girlfriend likes and and will ask me to make it when they come up. I often refer to stuff like this as "slop in the pan"
You take a 9 x 13(I hope that is a pan size and not just a cross stitch fabric size) inch glass baking dish, heat and place 6 empty tortillas in the bottom & up the sides of the dish. Then put layers of refried beans, ground beef(optional, I don't often use this) black beans. Then I poured a can of enchilada sauce over that then added a can of whole kernel corn, chopped green chillies, chopped black olives, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes. Then covered that mess with shredded cheddar cheese, a can of tomatoes & jalapenos, a little bit of spicy green chili sauce, added chopped green chilies(hot chilies). I cooked that in a 325 oven for about 30-45 minutes. I served it with a side of avocado sauce and sour cream. It was GOOD but too runny, I'll leave out the can of enchilada sauce next time. I now have leftover meals for the next 2 nights. Sorry if things are spelled wrong, for some reason the spell check button at the top of the page doesn't work today.

2 comments:

Velda said...

mmm dinner sounds SO yummy!! Except for the hot peppers, altho peter would LOVE it!

NHStitcher said...

I'd leave the hot peppers and jalapenos out for you and the nasty old meat out for M2, LOLOL.