Friday, January 25, 2008

An exciting new finish!

Ok, well I'm excited about my latest finish. I sat down on Thursday at 10AM, (Jan. 24) to stitch a "little bit" on a project and I just couldn't stop. I had already decided that it would be a biscornu. At 7PM I was done!! I felt like jumping up and down on the couch, this was the first time I tried to make something like this. My neck hurts, my right arm and shoulder hurt, my knees hurt because I sat for such long periods of time stitching. I am very pleased with the results, sort of. It's stitched on 32 count pink hand dyed fabric. The top side (left picture) is stitched using Eterna Silk floss and six strand sweets for the heart center. The bottom side (right picture) is stitched with DMC rayon & verigated floss.
After I finished it up, I noticed that some of the pattern stitching was coming out so there isn't much I can do to fix it now. I'll just have to leave it alone and look at it. Oh, I forgot to say the pattern is a MEMBERS ONLY Valentine ornament pattern from the SanMan board.

One of my pay pal transactions finally went through, I hope the other 2 will go through now.
It's another grey, overcast, drippy day here. It has blotted rain and we had a 10 minute solid rain again. It's also Friday which is laundry day, check the fridge day and make a list, today for us is like Sunday in the REAL world.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Nice finish on your biscornu. Love the colors and the pattern. Great Job!

Deirdre said...

I love the colors! It looks great!