Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to our daughter!

Today, January 20 is my daughter's 30th birthday and I can't be there to help her celebrate this milestone. I didn't even get around to sending flowers, what a bad mommy I am. I did order her subscriptions to 3 cross stitch magazines and hopefully I will be able to call her later. I feel so horrible about it too. She has had some special birthdays over the years, Superbowl Sundays, presidential inauguration day. I think she got a war for her 13th birthday- I do remember having to cancel that birthday party because the Gulf War started and we were living here at the time. I guess I'll have to search the net and find some kind of I'm sorry flowers to send.
And again today when I went to log into the blog, it was all in that squiggly chicken scratching that I can't find an English Translation button for. I would really love to know what prompted this all of a sudden! IT is getting VERY annoying.
It never did rain yesterday but it is sure so miserable and humid now and it's back up in the mid 80's again, so I guess Winter is over. The sky is still very cloudy and overcast though.
Last night I fixed a pot of Harry & David Wild Mushroom & Leek soup and it was GOOD! I added more fresh mushrooms, onions and little bits of cooked cut up chicken. We also had a sliced tomato, cucumber, mozzarella & onion plate. Looks like we'll be having soup leftovers tonight too. I'll have to put that soup mix on my list of stuff to get this summer.

Still haven't done anymore stitching. I hope I finish this SanMan project before Valentines' Day though.

Did I ever post the final pictures of my Name*Flakes that I gave as Christmas presents? I e-mailed a special friend on Tranquil Stitchers board and asked her if she had any time to make me a couple of tuck banners for the Name*Flakes that I stitched and she was such a sweetheart to make them for me at such short notice. This is how they turned out, both the girls LOVED them:

Well they do look better in person than they do in the pictures and they are straight, LOL Someday I hope to stitch my name and our last name.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter I hope she had a great day

Velda said...

Happy Birthday B! I hope it's a lovely day

Great stitching Robin, the name squares are adorable!

Kim said...

I hope your daughter has a wonderful Birthday.

The Nameflakes are very cute!

Kim