Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 16, 2008

Well I've been at this blogging thing for a year now. I don't always keep it updated. I've noticed several visits to my blog but no comments, maybe I should just make this a private place to vent.
It's been 2 months since I quit smoking. A LONG 2 months, seems more like 2 years. I am still taking those Chantax pills when I remember, I don't feel like they do anything for me. I still have strong urges to smoke but I don't. I had a few puffs when I was home in NH but it made me sick to my stomach and gag. Not bad if I do say so, I could have easily gotten in the car and drove to the corner store and bought some but I didn't and I'm damn proud of myself for not doing that! I didn't even mooch one or two from my DS whick I am damn proud of for not doing either! The house smelt better too.

I haven't stitched since early December and then it wasn't much. I have no desire to stitch anymore, none! I have all this stash and don't want to stitch. I have no idea why but it is really depressing. I got most of my new stash put away and realized now that I won't stitch 1/2 of the charts I have so I am going to get rid of them this summer.
I also dug out my wip's and UFO's to try and finish up. I want to get these done before I start a bunch of new stuff.
I did start a San Man Valentine project last night though. Sandy is so generously giving the message board members patterns for a Valentine tree so I will try and keep up.
I'm also going to try to do another SAL from another board, so far it looks like it's going to be a Happy Everything type of project.
I think I am going to quit going to a couple of the boards. One of them takes forever to load, is very slow and sluggish when I try to scroll up and down and the members seem to have a contest to see who can have the largest, flashiest and animated signatures, plus 1/2 the time it never updates the posts. It's always trying to "update" something that they "thing" will make it run better but it stays messed up for days. All those flashy signatures really don't work with my operating system or my computer and 1/2 the time the page doesn't even load.

It's been winter here for a couple days, the temps have been in the mid 60's at night and mid 70's during the day and breezy, very nice for here. Too bad I can't keep the door open during the day but that damn wailing hour just ruins everything and the monster brats that scream and yell outside.

My daughter's birthday is in a few days so I got her a subscription to a couple cross stitch magazines and I'll order her some flowers. It's really hard not being able to talk to her on the internet now but she seems to be doing fine. Her DH got her a "new" car after Christmas! I was very surprised to hear that. It's not new new but it's a 2004 model. She still has her jeep and we told her not to get rid of it but give it to us if they are going to get rid of it since we did buy it for her and pay for it.

Our son's girlfriend just loved the NameFlake that I made for her for Christmas, she just raved about it, which made me very happy. My daughter loved hers too. I am going to make one for the son's girlfriend's mother now.

It's the weekend here, not a damn thing happening either. One of our friends moved to another city for his job while we were away on vacation so it's quiet around here. We are going to miss him too.

I got my hunk of beef sitting in a huge bowl of brine and got the spices put in to make a corned beef for ST. Patrick's day meal. They don't sell corned beef here so we make our own.

That's about all for now. I will have to get the Christmas pictures off the camera stick and post some of them along with more snow pictures.

9 comments:

Velda said...

mmm I love corned beef! I'm sorry I'm guilty of reading and not commenting. I notice that ALOT on mine too....can't wait for summer! I'm tired of winter already and it's not even that bad yet! Say hi to B for me will ya (((Hugs))))

Miriam Pauline said...

Another one guilty of reading and not commenting. Sorry! Don't fret too much about the stitching...the bug will bite again I'm sure. Congrats on how well you have done stopping smoking! That is a massive accomplishment. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear your quest to kick the smoking habit is going well! Keep up the good work!!!

Kim said...

Robin,
I am very new to the world of blogging and I just recently discovered your blog. I do try to check in every couple of days. I was going to post a comment to you yesterday but I sent you a PM thru the Sanman Board instead. From now on I will leave a comment when I stop by. I too have quite abit of traffic on my blog as well, but not a lot of comments.
Kim

Karen said...

well done on stopping smoking
hiope your corned beef turns out well when it's time to cook it

Chris said...

Congrats on lasting 2 months! Here's to the next 2.
If you want to send some of your winter weather this way...our high on Saturday is suppose to be 1, 2 on Sunday.

Jacqui said...

I'm another one that is guilty of reading your blog but not always commenting.

You're doing really well with the not smoking thing...congratulations.

As for the stitching, your mojo will come back sooner or later, but if you KNOW you're not going to do some of your stash it's always good to do a clear out.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on staying smoke-free for 2 months! That's quite an accomplishment!

Sorry to hear you've lost the stitching bug - but I can understand that. I went through a similar phase last year. Hopefully it'll come back. :)

Christina said...

I too am guilty of reading and not leaving comments. Sorry. Congrats on not smoking!! You can do it just hang in there.

I know how you feel about your stitching, I have been the same with my quilting for the last two years. I know it will come back again.