Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Aint it amazin'

Look what happens when I sit down and stitch:
BEFORE & AFTER stitching for 3 1/2 hours

This week is the stitchathon at Cross stitch crazy but I'm not participating. There are too many ladies that think this is a diehard contest and if you don't stitch 1000 stitches or more a day then your nobody. I used to participate to see how many I could stitch, NOT to beat everyone on the planet then laugh. I'll probably stitch more tonight.
I fixed left over chinese food for supper last night, don't know what is for dinner tonight.
I was playing around with Amtrak time table, $152 round trip to go from Boston to Utica, NY plus it takes 10 hours. No wonder people don't take the train, it's longer than it is to drive. $648 to fly from Manchester NH to Albany.
Then I played around with another map. Picked out a driving route from home to Kennebunkport Maine. There's a Popeys's chicken place at a rest stop on I95. That would be good for a day's enterntainment.
Everyone needs to run over to Helga Mandl's Yahoo group and sign up for her new SAL. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wXSw/ The chart will be released on May 20 and it will be a set of 4 season charts. Everyone needs to over load her board like everyone does the SanMan board and snatch and run with the patterns.
35.2 at 3PM, it's hot.

4 comments:

Velda said...

heat gettin' to ya hon? lol I don't participate either...it seems to take me longer to count than it does to stitch (((Hugs))) We're half way to June!!!!

Margaret said...

Wow that IS a lot of progress!

I count time not stitches in SATs. That's pretty easy and it keeps me in my stitching chair a bit longer each session!

Yikes that's an expensive train. I guess I've only ever done in off peak season?

Chris said...

Great progress.
Think of all the stitching you could get done on the train:>
I'll have to see if I can get into the HM group on another computer (can't from work, and since that's the only working computer I have at the moment...)

Tammy said...

I participate in the SAT's because it pushes me to stitch more. I never 'win' but that's okay. I do find the SAT thing way too competitive anymore.