Friday, March 6, 2009

Still here

I'm still here, just not on the internet much.
I finished another small project on Thursday. It's the March pattern for a SAL on oakhaven group. It's actually stitched on a green linen but it doesn't show up well in the picture.

Wow, so that makes 2 finishes this week. I'm on a roll, LOLOL.
The other night I wandered outside and stepped on a bougainvillea thorn and boy it hurt. I tried to pick it out but had to call DH home from happy hour. He got most of it but I think there is still a little bit in there. I do have to keep an eye on it so it doesn't get infected or anything like that.

Tonight is fish since it's Friday so I'll make that lime and garlic fish from a couple weeks ago with purple coleslaw with apples and of course rice, what else. Rice, rice, rice. I may HATE potatoes but I would love one right about now, nice fluffy mashed potatoes.

I didn't get to walk much on Wednesday. It was cool and very overcast but I got up to the end of the street and around the corner and saw 6 trucks with mosquito spray machines on the back of them and men walking around with spray canisters on their backs. So I just made a short circle and went home and got on the treadmill. And of course since it's my weekend here, I haven't done any exercise so far.

We went grocery shopping today, it was slow and quiet on the streets, so nice! We passed purple dumpsters, a new thing here, purple dumpsters, The singing Rose preschool, the center for Human Rights-which is a oxymoron here, the ReMax & Century 21 real estate office.

I won a contest on one of my Yahoo groups, it was just a random contest but I won! Woo Hoo!

That's my story for now.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

What an adorable finish!

Chris said...

Congrats on another finish. Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW -- 2 cross stitch finishes in one week AND purple dumpsters!! Life is good - huh?

Doris

Velda said...

Purple dumpsters huh? That I gotta see lol..Hope your foot is okay. I used to work with bouganvilleas at the flower shop, man they hurt! But they are so gorgeous!

Karan said...

Cute finish, like it alot. Hope the foot is doing OK. :0)