Monday, March 16, 2009

Breathe, breathe, breathe(WARNING, CONTAINS BAD LANGUAGE)

First off I will be luck if this actually posts. The damn internet is fucked up again today.

The fucking morons are at it again. So today while walking I see more trees being hacked down, the trees lining the inside perimeter wall and trees lining the inside perimeter street proving shade while I'm walking. Finally I see a guy who I know works in the offices here so I stopped him and asked him WHY ARE THEY CUTTING TREES? You you want to know the answer? This is so fucking ridiculous! They are a security risk! EVERY SINGLE TREE ON THE COMPOUND IS A SECURITY RISK! They are chopping every fucking tree down! That ORDER came from the Military secruity officer. Of all the stupid, insane dumb ass things! Then I said they NEED to do SOMETHING RIGHT NOW about the assholes that think they need to drive 55MPH down the road. I said I have almost gotten run over because of these assholes. Want to know his reply to that? "Well we did put up speed limit signs" URRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I said NO you Need to do something NOW! They already took out most of the speed bumps and cutthe remaining of them in half so the assholes can drive around them. Ok, that's enough, I'm pissed off enough, and YES I KNOW I CAN PACK UP AND GO HOME and that will resolve the problem.

Ok, so I did finish my walk, 4 laps, 52 minutes, about 2 3/4 miles, MOSTLY IN THE FUCKING SUN! Remind me to put on my sunscreen tomorrow.

I GOT SPARKED THIS MORNING! Yep, ya'll will be REALLY sick of me Sparking all over the place, but I love this group! First off, I just joined a new team last week, the Leslie Sansone Walk Off The Pounds team, on Sunday they chose me as walker of the day! Woo Hoo, I haven't been a team member that long either. What a great motivational group! Then I was also chosen as Spark Page of the day on my New Hampshire group. There is a challenge going on to make a Spring-y page so I put lilacs and flowers and added pictures of my Spring cross stitch projects that I did.
Then this morning there was a bag on my chair that our friend brought back for me from the states. I got my Spark daily calendar and my Spark monthly calendar and my Spark people t-shirt which I proudly wore this morning while walking. Now I am really Sparked up! The daily calendar has Spark tips, quotes recipes. It's NEAT! He also brought me some more test strips for my blood monitor, a HUGE thing of real old fashioned oatmeal which we can't find here.

Ok, well it's time to walk with Leslie. I'll leave you with a quote for my day:
"Take a breath. Slow, deep breaths can help conquer stress and lower blood pressure. With your eyes closed, practice inhaling deeply into the belly and exhailing slowly. Tey this several times throughout the day."

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on the Spark People recognition.

How maddening that they are cutting down all the trees. That would piss me off.

Unknown said...

Cutting down the trees? That IS nuts.

Congrats on being recognized by Spark People. That's awesome.

Karan said...

Sounds more like he's determined to make the surroundings as bleak & hot as possible. Guess you'll be doing a lot of deep breathing in the coming months. :0(

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the REAL reason for cutting down the trees. We may never know.

That is awesome that you are recognized by the spark people. Congrats!

I think it is great that you are out doing exercise. Good for you!