Sunday, March 8, 2009

Icky, yucky day

At 1:15PM it is 37.9C or for you Americans, 100.2F and climbing, the sky is orange-ish/grey-ish, FULL of sand, VERY windy and just plain SUCKY! We're having a sand storm. It got HOT FAST! Glad I got my walk in at 8:30AM when it was ONLY 82F.

There is a HUGE dumpster in the yard next door (no Velda, NOT the pretty purple ones) a huge rubbish hauling dumpster, so I guess that means they will be cutting my tree down soon, inshallah, because we sure won't be watching tv tonight in this weather. They come along and hack down trees & bushes, throw them in a dumpster and haul it off. I asked for my back bushes & tree to be cut down so we can watch tv because the trees are in the way of the satellite signal.

Well I got a surprise yesterday, I did a SAturday weigh in and I had lost 2 pounds last week! Woo Hoo. I guess I either needed to eat a full 3 meals & snack every day or I needed to cut down my exercises until I ate more calories. Whatever I did, it worked. Now to keep it up.
DH also "found" some Leslie Sansone Walk off the Pounds videos to do at home during the day so that will help on days like this.

My grandson got his birthday present finally! A day late but better than never. We got him a cute little blue kids recliner chair for his 3rd birthday which was on March 4. His party is this weekend.

I haven't done anymore stitching the past couple days but I did kit up the next oakhaven design.

Did I tell you I'm buying a NEW CAR? I am excited, DH said I can buy a NEW car which we have never ever done. We've always bought older, used cars. I'm going to buy either a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Durango, Trailblazer or something along those lines, but it won't be a car, an SUV since we live in snow/ice country. DH has been checking them out online! COME ON JUNE!!!!!!!!!!! I know, if I keep putting off doing all this stitching that should have been done 2 years ago, the time will just fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin - I would have to insist that the dumpster had to be the pretty purple one. Please take a icture of these dumpsters.

WOW - a new car!! Lucky you. That is so exciting.

It is hard to eat three meals a day and a snack also. Good for YOU!!

Doris