Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The reason for tree cutting

This was pretty coincidental that we got a notice today about tree cutting after I asked that office guy yesterday, oh and it is addressed To:All Western Resident
I am typing this just as the notice reads:
"We are sorry to inform you that we have instructions to cut all big trees in the compound according to the committee of "Dengue fever" disease fighting, that according to the committee report, the disease carrier mosquitoes use the big trees as a rest place.

Contractor started the cutting process under direct supervision of (insert name of group DH works for) Engineering department, appreciating your understanding and cooperation. "
(Translation - You, American lady that walks without being covered, the trees WILL BE CUT DOWN, do NOT run out and yell at the men with the chain saws in your shorts and tank top)
So where is the notice that says SLOW THE FUCK DOWN ASSHOLE

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Please have a glass of green beer for me. Are you doing any thing special? On Thursday (our weekend) I will be cooking that hunk of beef that has been sitting in brine in the fridge for a month and having the usual boiled dinner. Today is also my son's girlfriend's birthday. I got her a couple neat things but sadly didn't order them until too late to arrive for her birthday. I know she will love them.

I did do a walk this morning, shaking my head all the way. Haven't done my walk video yet but I will get that in.

Today's Spark calendar entry:
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Research shows that moderate drinking can prevent certain diseases, but binge drinking is never a good idea. If you do imbibe, limit it to 1 drink daily for women and 2 drinks for men.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I have never ever heard of mosquitoes resting in trees...how asinine. Stagnant water is the breeding ground for mosquitoes.

Velda said...

idiots! I did giggle at your translation of the note tho! lol...

maybe they cut them down because they were GREEN and st pat's day was coming up lol...

why do men get 2 drinks and girls only get 1 _NOT FAIR!

Karan said...

Security threat or mosquito threat - guess they just can't make their minds up.