Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today would have been

My wedding anniversary if I had of stayed married to my first husband. We met in December, married February 3, told me he wanted a divorce February 15, went to Santo Domingo, DR and got a quickie divorce and I had the divorce papers March 4. I was 19, he was 26(?) He was a real scum bag. When I married J, he went to apply for my military benefits and found out that the Marine Corps did NOT recognize the divorce decree from the Dominican Republic and considered me married to my first husband. SO we had to go to a local lawyer at OUR expense and have the divorce decree validated. That took SEVERAL months but they did pay DH all his back benefits from the day we were married. That would have been 32 years ago.

I did my walk this morning, 40 minutes, ready for the boot camp workout for today. I also jogged a bit today but not far, I'm trying it slowly.

I talked to my mother the other day and she is ok after her accident. She said if it wasn't for the snowbank she went into, she would have gone down an embankment which could have been worse. She did over $3,ooo damage to the car but they said it was fixable.

Had a go round with the vacuum cleaner today, I think it won. Nothing gets up the white cat hair or the crumbs anymore. We did talk about having the carpet ripped up and either tile or linoleum laid down.

So anyway, that is my day so far.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good luck with the jogging.

Jogging/running destroys my knees due to an old injury. Its too bad because i use to like to jog.