Thursday, February 19, 2009

A sad goodbye

When you move so far away from home in a god forsaken miserable hell as this place, you meet friends who are here for the same reason and it ain't the scenery. You laugh together, you cry together, you get drunk together, you celebrate holidays together like a family, you solve the problems of the world, you get to know their kids, their parents and their homes. We lost a dear member of our "family" on Tuesday and it was a total shock. Pam & Earl were dear friends, they lived 2 houses down, Pam is a sister stitcher, a cat lover. Earl was a big, brawny guy who I really wouldn't like to cross and sadly he passed away on Tuesday. Pam is devistated, and I wish I could be there for her.
We'll miss ya Earl!
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/feb/19/earl-l-mcdaniel-jr/

5 comments:

Velda said...

Robin I am so very sorry for your loss...Sounds like he was a wonderful man. ((big hugs))

Kristin said...

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Robin, I am so sorry to hear of the lost of your dear friend. I will keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Doris

Anonymous said...

Ronin, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I will keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Karan said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.