Friday, February 6, 2009

It rained!

I know what you are thinking, ok, so it rained, big deal. Those of you who know where I am know it is a big deal, it rains maybe 2 days a year and not for long. I took my 35 minute walk at 9AM, it was about 81F and so very humid. A little cloudy but sunny. Tonight, DH let the cat out the back door and something hit him. He looked out and it was raining. We had to scramble to get the rugs inn off the patio, his running shoes and my work out shirt that was hanging up. It poured, thundered, lightining, high winds for about 45 minutes then it just stopped. The road is flooded of course and now there are bugs just streaming out of all the puddles. The dumb cat ran out and stayed under the car the whole time instead of coming in.

I made macaroni and cheese for supper. The recipe called for 20 ozs of frozen winter squash. I didn't have frozen so I bought fresh butternut squashes. I followed the recipe, squash, low fat cheddar cheese, monterey Jack, ricotta, mustard, cayanne and other things. I used whole wheat macaroni. It was ok, nothing fantastic but good. I had maranated chicken breasts, green beans with garlic.

That's my weekend! Hope the rain dries up so I can walk again tomorrow.

2 comments:

momofmanyblessings said...

WOW RAIN !!!!!!!! I am gobsmacked I did not think your little area ever saw water from the sky lol.
have fun my friend ! you going to have to send me the recipe for the chicken sounds yummy

Hugs &Stitches
Deb

Kristin said...

The rain must have been a nice change of pace. Hope it dries out so you can walk.