Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb 8

BLOG ENTRY WARNING. TODAY'S ENTRY MAY CONTAIN MAJOR OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE and NOT SO NICE TALK ABOUT THE "NATIVES" WHERE I LIVE. SO IF THIS SORT OF TALK WILL OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE DON'T READ.

I did my walk this morning, this fucking humidity is miserable. Even though the temp said it was 75 at 9:30, the humidity had to be up around 90%. I had gotten to the end of my street, maybe 45 seconds and I was already sweating. BUT I persevered and walked for 49 minutes, 2.2 miles. YAY YAY ME! Oh and I haven't taken a shower after my walk. Why not? Well because the assholes here cut the water pressure down or cut the water off totally EVERY fucking week day at 10AM until 1PM. I have no idea why, but they do.

When I do my walks the TCNs (Third Country Nationals that this country hires to do meanial labor) all just scowl at me. There are maybe 2 or 3 that will actually smile and say hello or nod when I walk by, but most of them just frown. They are out there all day in the heat and humidity with bright yellow jumpsuits sweeping the trash off the streets with tree branches. Yep, they don't have brooms, instead the brake off branches of bushes/trees and use them for brooms. They work 6 1/2 days a week for about $100 a month, which is about $85 more a month than they would make in their home countries of Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. We pay the guy that takes care of our yard more that his company does because he does a good job and he is a pet lover.

The lazy rat bastard rag head brats must be on school break, they are out doing their destruction on the compound. One brainless moron was playing in the irrigation water, now mind you the irrigation water is recycled shit water plain and simple. It's filtered a wee bit then used to water the plants and this moron was having fun stepping on the hose where water was spewing out watering the grassy area on the playground.
The other night when it rained, the brats next door, yes even the 3 year olds, were out running up and down the street bare foot in the water that was running down the street from other sections of the compound. Now even though the streets are swept every day, who knows what is flowing in that water besides all the trash, pull tabs, broken bottles and other assorted bad stuff that the morons throw on the ground.

Yep, I know the solution to this, pack my bags and move back to the USA. But answer this, If you had a secure job with decent pay & so so benefits in a not so great place, would you go back to your home country without a job where the economy sucked right now with a mortgage to pay, needing a new car in the middle of winter? As long as I have my fucked up Internet and my cross stitch I'll stay. I know I shouldn't complain either, DH has a job, I don't have to work, we have a roof over our heads, food to eat, so so health and our kids are fine, which I know is more than some people have.

Anyhow, that is my vent/rant for today but since the bastard brats are on school break, I'm sure I'll be good and pissed off this week.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

{{{Hugs}}} Robin.

Velda said...

I know how much you want to get out of there, but you're absolutely right in staying for the reasons you stated. I hope you can immerse yourself in something fun at home and disregard the outside world for just a little while. ((hugs))

momofmanyblessings said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} my friend, one day you will be free of the morons. But I so agree with you. I am in nearly the same situation as you the only difference is the country where I stay is supposed to be "civilized" yeah right go figure lol.

Karan said...

Hope things improve as the week goes on (((((hugs))))).

Kristin said...

Hey Robin...I gave you an award on my blog.

Mistylynn said...

No advice but sending (((HUGS))).

momofmanyblessings said...

Hey hon you have been MIA for a few days, thinking of you and hope all is well.
check in !