Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dr. appt

I had an appointment with the diabetic nutritionist last night. She wanted to see my test numbers and find out how my diet week went. She is satisified with my numbers, she said the are "acceptable". Ok, that is good to know. I can only have spinach once or twice a week, tofu only once a week, lentils only once a week.
I printed out my weekly nutrition information from my Spark page along with my weekly menu and showed her. She was VERY impressed with the print out and how great it is that I keep such close information and she wanted to know what program I used. So I told her all about Spark People and how they are my new family with so much support and friendliness etc. I explained all about the site and how it works. She wanted to know the site address and would I mind if she showed my print out to her colleagues, nurses AND PATIENTS AS AN EXAMPLE? She said she has bragged to her other drs, and patients about how well prepared I come to my appointments with my current prescriptions, questions, menus, list of food I eat, etc etc. WOW, I AM PSCHYED about this!!! I guess I watch too much House MD to not be prepared for a dr. appt.

DH & I had an interesting discussion last night. I told him that I had heard that I can get a 9 month exit/re-entry visa and did he know that. He said yes and he was thinking about requesting one for me this summer. I said that I really hadn't planned on being out that long this year. WELL, he said ................................, oh sorry, I don't want to say anything yet, not sure it will happen or not. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Don't you love unexpected compliments like that from the nutritionist.

And, a 9 month exit/re-entry visa sounds intriguing. Can't wait to hear whats going on.

Karan said...

Well there's certainly lots been going on with you since my last mosey round! You sound so much brighter & on top of things - so pleased for you. :0)
Will be calling by more often now I've finally managed to catch up. :0)