Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm here

I'm still here but not posting much. I'm on SparkPeople where I feel at home.

I don't get facebook, don't see where you chat with people and post messages like on message boards, never have found the games people play. facebook just locks up my browser pages no matter what browser I'm using.

The message boards are dying, don't know what's up with that, so I quit posting.

I do my boot camp challegne everyday, walk when I get up before 8AM and keep track of what I eat.
I was diagnosed with gout now so have to be on a "Low Purine" diet which means eating less of what I couldn't eat before. One diet says no this, another diet says more of this, one dr says no this, the other dr says this is ok. So I'm making a list of what one says no of and what the other one says yes. I get all this paperwork when I go to the hospital (yes, we're staying with the fancy smanchy 5 star, doorman/bellhop, chandelier hung hopsital) they print out my "diabetic guidelines', Cholesterol lowering guide lines, low purine diet guidelines, etc, etc, etc and they all counteract each other.
I am now taking blood pressure medication, thyroid medicne, Crestor for cholesterol/triglicerides, something for uric acid, vitamin pill, calcium pill, diabetes pill. UGH!

I finished my rememberance biscornu last week. I am not at all happy with the way it turned out, but it's done.

I started another SAL with another group and almost have January done. I HAVE to actually finish it and send a picture in of the FINISHED project and I CAN'T post it anywhere, what a crock.
I'm still cooking every damn night but trying to stick to the menus I print out, drinking 8-9 cups of water every day and I'm about to float away with that, at least my skin isn't as dry as it has been.
So that's my story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Robin!! I miss seeing you on the SM board.

Amy(inPA)

Kristin said...

I think the biscornu looks great. Sorry getting the diet all figured out is such a hassle.

Chris said...

I also think the biscornu looks great.
Hopefully everything will work out soon.