Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 6 of Bootcamp challange-UPDATED!

This is day 6 of the SparkPeople bootcamp challange. I have to say I have had a workout but I also do a lot of those exercises 2 or 3 times a week. When this is done, I am going to do each one of the tapes in one day.

So what do you get when you make a business phone call from here to the USA on a Wednesday night at 9PM? First, Wednesday is the start of our weekend, like Friday 9PM in the real world. DH had to make a business phone call to California on Wednesday night from the main office here on the compound. What did he get for his time? Are you ready for this?

CHOCOLATE, at least 5 lbs! One of the "office boys" brought this bag to DH around noon on Thursday. Now this is not your average box of Cadbury Jewels or Roses sweets. Um no, this arrangement came from a specialty chocolate shoppe wrapped up in cellepane with a flower bow on top and on a silver footed plate and I know it wasn't cheap. This chocolate is local chocolate so it will either be super sweet, creamy and delicious or dry & bitter. So, who wants chocolate?
OMG, THESE ARE HEAVEN! SO good, SO creamy. Liege Chocolatier is the name on them.
I had my 3 month blood work done Saturday morning, after fasting for 14 hours. It was for lipids, thyroid, liver function, kidney function etc. I won't find out the results until Saturday when I go back to the dr. I HOPE my numbers are down.
Last night I cooked Sesame Ginger chicken stir fry with brown rice. It was another good diabetic recipe and a keeper. Wednesday night I fixed Cuban Beans & rice which was good. I mis read the recipe though. I THOUGHT it said 1/4 CUP of red chili flakes. I said 1/4 cup? are they serious? I only put in about 1 1/2 TBS. DH called my attention and asked me if I had my glasses on when I was cooking & reading. It said 1/4 tsp! Good thing we like spicy food, LOLOL. It actually wasn't that spicy though. I also tried some Low fat vanilla Soy milk and it was GOOD!
We went to Starbucks Thursday morning after the blood work at the 5 star hospital. We were going grocery shopping but the grocery store wasnt' opened yet. I picked up something for someone ............................................... so who wants to start the "I know a secret for ................................" BWHAHAHAHAH

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I hope all your hard work pays off in better numbers.

I Have to post an update about my hubby's diabetes. Even with everything I know, I still learned something from the endocrinologist.

Terry said...

I am sure your numbers will be much better this time. You are working so hard and I am so proud of you, Keep up the great work Robin.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand - why did your DH get candy for making a business call? Doris