Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A must read!

Check this out!
http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=see_pictureperfect_portions_of_300calorie_meals

Yeah I know, you may think I've turned into one of those health/exercise/diet freaks. I sort of have, I know I need to loose weight, eat better, healthier foods and keep exercising and the only way I can keep up with my motivation and my goals is to talk about it. What can I say, I love Spark People, they have helped me a lot.

I kind of had my bubble burst today. I took DH's portable Garmin thing for hikers on my walk today and found out my 1 mile marker was not where I thought it was so I was not walking 1.5 miles every day, more like 1.2 miles. And I wasn't walking a 19 minute mile, more like a 21 minute mile. Kind of depressing so I kept walking until I had 2 miles, that took 45 minutes. I don't know what I am going to do when it starts getting warmer out there. I guess walk at 2 AM when it's only 95. I also did my day 11 boot camp workout and the abs challenge.

Last night I fixed diabetic Sesame beef stir fry (you can use tofu, chicken, shrimp too) That was pretty good. Now I need to make up my meals for next week so I can make up a grocery list for Thursday.

I had one of those afternoons. I couldn't find my jump rope so I started moving things and well you know how that goes. I picked up a bag of cross stitch stash, dug through that, sorted it, picked up another bag, looked through that, sorted that and combined it with the first bag, started going through the pile of stuff I sorted and started putting that where it belonged, then moved other stuff where it should be and went on from there. A vicious circle. I did find my jump rope though. So now I have a mess of bags I need to put back.

Woo Hoo it's Wednesday AKA Friday in the real world.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It must have been the day for lost things.

I am really impressed with the lifestyle changes you have made.

Tammy said...

I think when you undertake a life change like you have, you do become obsessed to a point. I believe it is really the only way to make it work.

You've been doing so well, so you just keep doing what you're doing. From those first posts of yours where you were confused and frustrated, to where you are now is incredible! Good on ya!

Deirdre said...

Keep taking it one day at a time! You can do it!