Monday, February 4, 2008

Feb. 4

Hi lurkers, welcome back. I see a lot of you have been here and visited. You may not like my choice of words for the next little bit so if you are easily offended by foul language it would be a good idea to back out now.

The fucking morons that run the internet here have decided to take away 2/3 of the bandwitdth to home users and give it to businesses. If these idiots would wake the fuck up and UPGRADE the internet here or open more "censorship" centers then they wouldn't have to do this! This is just utterly stupid. If you can picture a tournament bracket and how everything eventually filters down to 1 place than that is what the internet is here. Everything filters down to 1 little place to be censored then is sent back out into the real world. It took 4 1/2 minutes to load this page, it takes over 7 minutes to load my message board pages because everyone just has to use fancy, glittery, animated signatures.
There has also been some sort of cable cut in the Mediterrean Sea that has caused the internet to be slow here, so more than likely the assholes will stand there, scratch their asses, pick their noses, scratch their crotches (LIKE THEY DO HERE ALL THE TIME) while they figure out what to do.

WOO HOOOO! THE GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL!! What an upset victory! I am excited about this, they ruined the patriots perfect season! I HATE the Patriots and their attitude.

One of my groups that I belong to moved over to Yucko last week. The move went smooth and that board moves a whole lot faster and smoother than the Cross Stitch Crazy board does, I guess it's because there aren't as many members and there aren't all those HUGE, flashy, animated signatures used. Now if I could figure out how to get the chat to work over on Needle Nook, it would be great!
I've been doing some SALS on the boards. I finished stitching AND finishing a Challange project on the Jayne's Attic group and I just can't wait to post it. I am so excited about how I finished it, it's a new finishing techinque to me and I really like it! Not to mention I actually FINISHED something~! The Needle Nook had a Critter SAL over the weekend and I stitched a little bit on a Cat bookmark from Pinn Stitch that I started ?? years ago. Today I might start a "Coloring book page" from the Tranquil Stitchers board. The SanMan 12 Days of Christmas SAL starts Feb 5th and I like this months pattern so I may do that too. So much for finishing up much on that LOOOOOOng list of projects.

Yesterday, Feb, 3 would have been my wedding anniversary if I had stayed married to my 1st husband. What can I say, I was 19, young and stupid. I met him in December, we went out a few times, he asked me to marry him in January, I said Yes. We were married Feb 3, he decided he made a mistake in marrying me 2 1/2 weeks later and went to Santo Domingo, Domician Republic and got a divorce. Our divorce was final on March 3, 1 month after we were married. I don't often remember that anniversary but I had read something on the internet yesterday that made remember that.

As much as I hate to admit this, I have been a LOT sicker since I quit smoking than when I did smoke. I have had one huge sinus/allergy infection since 2 weeks after I quit, my blood pressure has gone UP instead of down, sometimes I can't catch my breath when I run up and down stairs more than twice in a row, I have gained at least 15 pounds since November and my clothes don't fit well, I can't seem to concentrate as well on things as I did when I smoked. Quitting smoking has side effects as much as smoking does. BUT I HAVE NOT SMOKED since the couple of puffs I had in December when I was home, so I still consider my self smoke free for 80+ days, 2 1/2 months now.

Well, anyway, I am going to ATTEMPT to post this BUT nothing is going anywhere at the moment, the assholes must have cut the bandwidth already.

Dinner tonight is home made from scratch chilli. I don't know what I put in it that is not agreeing with me but every time I open the lid to stir, I feel like throwing up. I don't know what has upset my stomach but I just want to throw up.

5 comments:

Velda said...

I'm sorry this is so rough for you !I know how much you fight with it originally, changing things is NOT going to make things easier for you (((Hugs)))

I'm SO proud of you with your quitting, keep it up, life and body will settle down eventually hon, don't give up or in!

Karen said...

Thats such a shame you are having side effects from giving up smoking, I hope they go soon and you start enjoying being smoke free with no effects
Where you are living at the moment sounds so frustrating , I have a horrid time on one or two boards loading because of the sigi's
I hope the icky feeling goes soon and you can enjoy your chilli

Chris said...

Hopefully the effects of quitting will be short term....and that you are feeling better soon!
Go GIANTS! I didn't want to see TB get another ring, so I was happy camper.

Margaret said...

Ugh ugh ugh on the bandwidth issues. I hope that some of the shrunken signatures have helped on CSC.

Think of you as you struggle with not smoking. Definitely NOT FAIR.

Deirdre said...

I think it is great you quit smoking! I hope you feel better!

I hope the computer issues get better!