Monday, February 25, 2008

February 25


The picture on the left is a view from my top balcony, the picture in the center was taken out my back door on Saturday, the picture on the far right, was taken on Tuesday, Feb, 26. That is the everyday view.


No sandstorm yet today. The past few days have been yucky here, miserable sandstorms. At least when there are snow storms & rain storms, the snow melts and goes away, the same with the rain but the sand stays. It gets in through every teeny, tiny crack, crevice it can find and piles up. Everything was covered with a layer of dust and sand last night, including my STITCHING AREA!! The wind blew and blew, sand was everywhere yesterday. I tried to take some pictures but pictures posted above just don't show up how bad it really is. It was not a pleasant cool breeze either, it was a hot humid breeze. The cats even stayed in the house all day and slept.

Speaking of my stitching area, I sat down to stitch last night but had to spend the first HOUR cleaning everything off. I had to take everything off the table single item by single item, wipe it off, set it aside and keep going. Sand was on EVERYTHING! I guess there must be tiny cracks in the patio door that is behind my chair. But I got the table cleaned off, one project set aside and another one hopefully set to finish today. I put away the Breast Cancer Mandela I was working on last week. Here is my progress. The picture on the left is November 7, 07 the picture on the right was done Feb 24.




Today I hope to finish my San Man SAL project. I need to finish backstitching and add a few more border stitches.


DH took my envelope with the square for my friends quilt up to the mail office yesterday so we'll see how long it takes to get to it's destination in NC or IF it even makes it.

My Photobucket albums are STILL BLOCKED and it looks like the ENTIRE PHOTOBUCKET DOMAIN IS BLOCKED! I have sent an unblock request every single day and sometimes twice a day and nothing has happened. I have sent an e-mail to the follow up e-mail address that says if nothing is done within 48 hours contact us. I have repeated asked in each e-mail why my album is blocked and why won't they respond to me and I get nothing! My photobucket album is even password blocked from public viewing and they still won't unblock it.

Last nights dinner was home made beef stew which we will be having for the next 2 or 3 nights. Last week we made cheese enchiladas again and one night made chili rellenos which were good but we used the wrong kind of chilies. DH & I cooked together in the kitchen which was fun!

3 comments:

Velda said...

I so could NOT deal with all that sand! ick...dinner sounds yummy!!

Karen said...

I hope the sand storms have eased up
I love your wip its very pretty

Deirdre said...

I love your wip! It looks gorgeous.

I don't think I could take the sand.