Monday, February 18, 2008

Feb 18

PLEASE EXCUSE THE TYPOS, FOR SOME STUPID REASON, MY SPELL CHECKER DOES NOT WORK.

More damn stupid censor bullshit. Now my photobucket account is blocked by those assholes. ACCESS TO THIS URL IS NOT ALLOWED! Fuck you! That is MY photo album. Geeze. Not to mention it's getting difficult to get into my blogger because it's in Arabic sccribbling across the top main page so I have to fucking clue how to get the page to come up in English no matter how many times I tell it ENGLISH in my setting page.

I am a Great Aunt! My niece gave birth to a boy last Wednesday. Ryan was born on Feb. 13 at 7Pm weighing 6 1/2 lbs and 19 3/4 inches long. My Sister is a Gramma! I can pick on her now.

So last Thursday, on Valentines day (that is NOT celebrated in this country) we went to the grocery store. I wore my bright pink pants under my black ninja robe. The candy and sweets isle was crowded with people buying candy, the plant/flower area has a couple lovely Valentine arrangements sitting out, there were plenty of red roses sitting in a vase. I didn't check the price because that wasn't what I was looking for. We went out to our favorite Italian resturant for dinner and I had on my bright pink pants with a darker pink top under my black ninja robe. Then we went over to the grocery store to see if they had stuff the other store didn't. They had LOTS and LOTS of Valentine candy. They had heart shaped boxes of chocolates in plain view, they had teddy bears in their display cases, they had red flowers. What a bunch of morons.

Now there is NO FLOUR in this country! I bought the last 2KG bag of flour the store had the other day. I also bought a bag of something called "Kitchen Flour" for pastries. I have no idea what the difference is but I'll have to try it.
Speaking of cooking, last week I fixed Fish and chips and mushy peas on Friday, MMMMM it was good, I finally figured out how to cook the mushy peas right. Saturday was leftovers, Sunday was stir fried vegetables & tofu with shrimp chips over noodles. Tonight will be leftovers from that. Tuesday will be Chilies Rellenos.

We got our Discovery Channels back finally! I bet anything Orbit didn't pay thier re subscription fee to those channels. So now we have Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery Travel & Leisure, Animal Planet. That adds 4 more English channels in addition the the 6 we already have. Yes there are more channels on the satellite system but only 6 or so that are worth watching.

This past week was the stitchathon on Cross Stitch Crazy. I was really hoping to get the stitching done on my San Man SAL project but as usual I didn't get much done. I only stitched 3 days and didn't put many stitches in at all. 500 stitches total if I'm lucky. In the past, I could have done that many plus more in one day. I need to shut my computer down and unplug it in order to get anything at all done.

This week we are doing a new SAL at Needle Nook. It will be an Awareness SAL. I chose the Breast Cancer Awareness theme for February so I will be working on the Breast Cancer Mandela for B's MIL who passed away in October.

I also need to get busy and start stitching a Sue Hillis project for the SAL at Tranquil Stitchers. I am going to stitch My Heart bleongs to the Sea for my DH

1 comment:

Chris said...

Step away from the computer. Maybe some stitching will get your mind off the censors.
Can't wait to see the progress on your SALs.