Saturday, February 23, 2008

Feb 23

100 days! I made it 100 days without buying a pack or carton of cigarettes! The past couple of days have been miserable though, I have been so fustrated with the damn censors that every time I sit down at the computer I have the urge to light up. Wouldn't do me any good to anyway, there isn't a cigarette or a butt in the house and no one to even bum one from.
I WAS going to post my happy celebration on the CSC board but everyone is having such sadness there I don't want to ask for a celebration and especially since I don't post much there anymore.

I have REPEATEDLY filled out the form to unblock my photobucket album and nothing has happened, so today I filled out another message that said if nothing is done within 48 hours, let us know and boy did I!

I can finally post a recent finish!! I finished this earlier in the month but I couldn't post it because it was part of a stitching challenge on a board I joined earlier this month. I am really proud of it because it's my first attempt at finishing a Pin keep. The pattern is from Dragonfly Stitches and it's stitched on 32 count hand dyed fabric with Dragon Floss.


I picked up my Breast Cancer Mandela project and stitched on that Wednesday and Thursday as part of our Stitch for a Cause SAL on Needle Nook. I really need to finish up my SanMan SAL project too.



A very dear, sweet board member on Cross Stitch Crazy had some very heartbreaking news to share with us. Her husband is dying of cancer. Henny is such a very sweet, older lady and always so cheery but now she needs cheering up herself. This is going to be such a sad time for her. I am donating a Valentine project I stitched this month to help make a quilt for her. I am going to donate my stitched project from Tranquil Stitchers for the quilt.



I just want to sign my name and where I'm from and send it off.

5 comments:

Velda said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!!!

NHStitcher said...

Thank you, I appreaciate it!

Tammy said...

Congratulations on your smoke-free success! I'm very proud of you.

Love your square

_ said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on making it 100 days smoke free. Definitely something to celebrate!!

Deirdre said...

Congratulations! That is something to be soooooooooo proud of!

I love your square for Henny!