Saturday, February 9, 2008

Youuuuu Hooooo Tammy!

Those of you who know any Yankee fans should tell them to come check out my new blog template, ROTFLMAO.


My sinus/allergy infection is terrible. I now know I have an allergy to my sweet, lovable kitties. I will just have to suffer and endure this miserable affliction because I REFUSE to get rid of my babies!


Yesterday was my father's 80? birthday! I think he turned 88 but I can't remember. When I called to wish him a happy birthday, he said they were going to Red Lobster for dinner.


Still no new "Grand Nephew" yet, my niece is due any day to have her first baby and my parents are so excited that they will finally get to be near a great grandchild.


DH & I were busy wthis past weekend (Thursday and Friday). We cleaned up our patio, put up new tarps to keep the neighbors out, threw out junk that was accumulating. We still have to pick up the concrete blocks to dig up the tree/bush roots that are pushing up the patio blocks. I got some new floor padding, it's stuff you would actually put down in a shower, bathroom or bathouse or around your pool. I got 4 meters of pretty blue with raindrop patterns on it and laid it infront of my stove and sink then put the kitchen rugs back over it again for more padding. When I stand and chop, cut, mince and cook for a long while, my feet and legs hurt. I also got 2 meters of plain white for under my stitching chair.


On Thursday evening at MIDNIGHT, some woman knocked on the front door! It was the weekend so DH & I were up late, so there's a knock at the door, he answers it, says it's for me. It's some Saudi woman, all covered in black naturally babbling on in Arabic about baby. I speak in English saying "No baby here" she babbles more in Arabic about baby, I said "I have NO baby and I don't speak Arabic" She babbles more and says "No baby?" I said no, so she left. It's after midnight!! Why is this woman knocking on my door asking about a baby? IT's a good thing it's the weekend because she would have gotten an earful if I had to get out of bed! Update - I have no idea what that was all about. None of my neighbors speak English and they all have 5 or 6 kids of variaing ages. Who ever she was, she had her purse with her, she had make up and perfume on, what I could see of her eyes anyway. My guess is that she knocked on the wrong door and since she didn't see/hear kids in my house she started rambling on about a baby. Security would have just said "What do you want us to do?" if they even understood what I was saying.


I finished up my Coloring book page SAL from Tranquil Stitchers, I think I am going to finish it as one of those little door pillow hanger things. It's stitched on 18 count plain, blah white aida with San Man STrands flosses and CPR floss for the center motif.


I did start my SanMan SAL the other night. I am stitching it on black fabric and surprisingly it's aida fabric again.
Pretty soon the boys will be back to playing ball again! WOO HOO can't wait.
Hmmmm the spell check still doesn't work on this thing.

5 comments:

Velda said...

what an odd visit! Nice stitching :) Sounds like you've been very busy!

Tammy said...

I love the new layout! You junkie, which I love even more!!!!

Very strange a woman showing up at your door at midnight babbling on about a baby. WHOA! It would have major freaked me out.

Sorry to hear you're allergic to your kitties. Big hugs to you on that one!

Kim said...

I like your new page and layout, it looks nice and its not easy for a Red Sox fan to say that I but I am :)

The clock for quitting smoking allows you to see all those seconds adding up fast, You are doing great!

Congratulations on your finish, it is very pretty.

KimME (sanman board)

Terry said...

Your new template, looks fantastic!!

Chris said...

Not a Yankees fan...but the template fits you, and reminds me that spring is coming.