Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 12

So much to do, so little time. I woke up starting at 6:45AM my time and every 10 minutes for the next 45 minutes so I finally got out of bed at 7:30AM, which makes that 11:30PM TUESDAY NIGHT Dec 11 HOME time. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG 48 hours. I woke up with a sinus infection which makes my teeth hurt more than they already do, my fingers, hands and wrists, feet, ankles and calves are all puffed up and I have absoultely NO ambition to do anything that needs to be done before we leave tonight. DH wants to take the luggage out and check in/get boarding passes early, then we go to the airport around midnight/1AM local time for a 4AM flight. Passport control here does NOT always go smoothly so that is why we go early.
We are headed into snow/sleet/ice storms at home about the time we land and the evening that we will attempt to drive home to our house. We have also had to rent a SUV to get through the ice/snow since our car is not running now.

I did stitch a bit last night and got a couple things put in my bag to stitch if I can't sleep on these flights. The flight from Europe to USA is almost 10 hours, 4 hours longer than the usual vacation flights. I just hope there aren't any screaming, ill mannered, undiciplined brats on the flight.

I have my blinking Santa hat in the bottom of my purse so I can put it on when we get HOME!

If you are reading this, please send us safe, easy travel vibes or a prayer or two for no snow ice etc. I am absoultely terrified to land and drive in winter weather, I just want to get home to enjoy 3 short weeks with my family.

Ok, got the load of laundry done, swept & mopped the kitchen floor, re-organized carry on, got clothes out for flight, put stuff away, cleaned out fridge. I even purged my closet of clothes that I wore back in 1999 when I was SKINNY that I know I will never ever wear again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I Hope you have a safe journey home, I sometimes wish families with kids would be made to sit in a different part on the palne to the rest of us, nothing worse than a 10 hour flight with some 'child' kicking the back of your seat the whole time, even when you say something nothing is done